Do You Use the Same Shampoo/conditioner Every Time...

Do you use the same shampoo/conditioner every time you wash your hair? Should you use the same shampoo/conditioner every time? It seems when I use the same one over and over my hair gets weighed down.

I have about 6 different types of shampoo and or conditioners that I alternate:
Infusium shampoo & conditioner - moisturizing and to keep from getting split ends
Aveeno smoothing + shine shampoo & conditioner - for frizz
neutrogena clarifying shampoo - to get the gunk out of my hair (once every two weeks)
nizoral shampoo - for dandruff (I mostly use in the winter once a week)
Redken Butter Treat conditioner - for extra moisturizing (I mostly use this when I use the neutrogena or nizoral shampoos)
and a fun coconut smelling one for the summer

What do you have in your shower/bath?

What kind of hair do you have?

I use pretty much the same one each time.
I use, Frederic Fekkai shampoo and conditioner, which I got as a gift. Awesome stuff.
Then I use cheapo Suave shampoo. Its good!
I don't condition each time I wash.
I also use Garnier Fructis leave in hair smoother conditioner. Its light. Never weighs down my hair.
I have thick hair.

I never use clarifying shampoos. I don't have too.

There is such a thing as over shampooing.... shampooing too much which then leaves the hair dry.
Conditioner, I use maybe once a week.

For split ends... just trim you ends regularly. Once you have split-ends....no conditioner is going to 'fix' it. You have to cut it off.

I think, just stick to basics. Maybe you are using too much stuff.

all the best,
Susan

What a fun question!

Like you, I have different types of shampoos and conditioners. I tend to use Suave's rosemary and mint shampoo and conditioner. I also use Kroger's knock off of Head and Shoulders. I've found the cheap, store bought shampoos are just as good, if not better than the salon products and they're much cheaper.

Ingredients of various shampoos can build up in your hair. That's why it's good to alternate.

What a fun question!

I usually keep 2 varieties in the shower and I have one that I use "all" the time, and about once a week I'll use the "alternate" of the two. Lately, I've been lazy and haven't replaced the secondary one. oh well.

Usually, I find that a fresh haircut/trim works just as well as switching shampoos, lol. I try to buy good quality shampoos though... Aussie, Biolage, Kenra, etc...

What kind of hair do you have?

I don't condition each time I wash.
I have thick hair.

Conditioner, I use maybe once a week.

all the best,
Susan

I only have 1 type. I can't image having all those different shampoo's and conditioners!

I used to use a clarifying shampoo (Neutrogena) once a month or so for the same thing you mentioned. I haven't done that since I started coloring my hair.

I do switch brands to help. My sister ended up giving me some of her really good salon stuff because she said her hair didn't do well with it anymore, she had used it so much. So far, it works for me, switching off with another brand every week or so.

I do switch up. I think they lose their effectiveness if you stick with the same brand. I use a differant set depending on what I want my hair to do. When I plan to straighten it I use a heavy moisturizeing set that really weighs it down like Garnier Fructesse, Dove or Pantene Moisturizing. When I want to leave it more tousled or curly, I use something lightweight, like a colorsafe curling shampoo from Herbal Essences.

I'm a stylist so I have a few that I love using. Then, about once a week I'll use a color glaze or deep conditioning treatment.

1 / 3