Shampoo for Little Girls

Hi Ladies!
I am wondering what you all use on your daughters hair. I have been using Suave for kids shampoo, but I am not satisfied. My four y/o has light hair and it seems to be dry.All the usual shampoos for kids don't seem to work very well. Anyone have suggestions? (Thanks!)

Wow! I can't believe all the responses I got! Thank you! I have gotten quite a few good ideas. I love the suggestion of trying travel/sample size products! Good thinking! I'll have to let you know which ones we like and what we end up with. Until then, thanks for all your in put!

I have 2 girls, 4 & 7, that my wife & I have always used either Suave Kids 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, or 3in1 shampoo/cond/body wash . Then we usually follow up with Suave spray on de-tangler.

I do not use the popular store products, for me or my family. For my 3 (almost 4yd old) I use Melaleuca's Koala Pals. Then it seems a bit dry (on the ends) I use their detangling/leave in conditioning spray (which is not specifically for kids). Love it! Would be happy to tell you more.

I'd go with dove shampoo and conditioner. Get it as a trial size and if you like the result, get a full size for her. most trial sizes are moisturizing anyway so you should have a few options. Pantene is one, dove is the best, also herbal essensce and I think garnier fructis makes trial size moisture shampoos. If she tends to get it in her eyes, you can get a foam visor to keep the soap off her face. They come in a two pack on onestepahead.com. Or just fold a wash cloth and have her hold it over her eyes, that's what my mother did with me. Anyway, I've been using my dove, intensive repair, on my daughter and her hair is so silky, combing it is a breeze.

As a licensed stylist you know I have to recommend professional! I find if I buy the liters of Biolage it lasts a real long time. Make sure you are using conditioner on her to close the cuticle layer and seal in the moisture.

Updated

If you're not using a conditioner yet, it's probably time to start. The shampoo will generally dry out their hair. Regardless what shampoo we've used on my son (who right now has his momma's thin fly-away hair...), it's dry after I shampoo. I use just a tiny bit of conditioner on it and it makes a huge difference. I've Sauve, Johnson & Johnson.

Johnson and Johnson shampoo and conditioner for fine hair.

It is blue, My son had very dry hair it felt like a brillo pad, not anymore, It also works great on my little girl but she ia only 13months old so her hair is not too long yet.

My daughter also has very light blonde hair. It is long, straight and very fine (not coarse at ALL). Mine was the same as a child.

What I have found, is that most of the "kid's" shampoos are harsh and drying. And the "kid's" conditioners (even the ones that don't come as a 2in1 or 3 in 1 combo) are poor quality.

If your daughter is ok with the process itself (she isn't one to end up with suds in her eyes-- my daughter has NEVER been one to have issues with it) then I would just use a good quality shampoo on her like you use for yourself. Same with the conditioner. If she tends to get soap in her eyes, then I would stick with the "non-tearing" shampoos, but use YOUR regular conditioner on her hair.

When I do that, and use a wide toothed comb to comb out her hair afterwards, there are NO tangles and no more dry hair. And she swims several days a week during the summers, some in a chlorine pool, and some in the sand/sun at the beach.

You've certainly gotten a lot of choices here, but let me add one more: Neutrogena is the gentlest shampoo I know of, scent free and not expensive.
Best of luck!

1 / 3