Dad Wants to Take Daughter into the Bathroom with Him When He Pees

I know this might be strange but I am interested in others opinions on this subject. The father of my daughter is alittle on the strange side and over protective with her and he feels that when he comes over to visit he must control every situtation that happens. She is almost 2 and 1/2 and can walk and has her own room with toys to play with at anytime. I found him in the dark going to the bathroom and making my daughter stand next to him as he goes and I freaked out. I am not comfortable with that situation and I explained to him no more bathroom time. If he has to go explain to our daughter that "Daddy had to go to the bathroom and will be right back".He uses the bathroom more in one hour than I do in a day. Now I find out that when he took her to his Moms she wouldnt stay with his Mom while he went to the bathroom so he took her with him. That I kind of understand, but while I am in the house while he visits,he must use me as a resource and ask me to watch her while he goes. Is that reasonable? Any other suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

S.,
That isnt right. Keep an eye on her,. and HIM. Because for a man to take a 2 yr old in to the bath room with him, And he wants too. Something isnt right.! I mean keep an eye on her, for her safety, changes in her mood,crying things that she doesnt normal do...
Hope I helped.
http://workathomeunited.com/bell04

I agree with everyone here that this is unacceptable behavior by an adult. There is absolutely no reason for her to go into the bathroom with him, especially while at your home and while you are there no less. In the dark? I hope this is because he has a conscious and doesn't want her to see "it". I would ask him about it and see what he reasoning is although I can't think of anything that would make it right. If he doesn't want to stop taking her in the bathroom with him then I suggest you contact an attorney and try to keep him away from her because that is not a good situation.

Best of luck to you and your little one.

That's strange...have you asked him why he's doing it???
My husband never took any of our children to the bathroom even when potty training them.If he had to go and they had to go,he'd take them in let them us their potty chair than he'd make them leave........
I said ask him why and see what he says.This is odd.
Good luck to you

This is not acceptable. EVen if it is her dad. My daughter's father never took her in the bathroom nor did any other male figure in her life. If he is worried about her getting hurt while he is in the bathroom, he should ask her to wait outside of the door and hum until he is done. That way he knows she is safe and she is NOT in the bathroom with him. I woudl definitley not let this continue. It just does not seem right. Good luck.

Hi Sherrie
Ok I can understand the "stranger" via his mom (grandmother) issue while visiting with her. There is NO reason why a little girl needs to go into the bathroom with her father...sorry but I find it sick. IF she was freaked out by him excusing himself, have her wait outside the door for him, NOT go into the bathroom and stand right next to him. What really threw me was he did it while YOU were home and he was at your house.....that makes NO sense to me.
He uses the bathroom frequently...hmmm, that too is strange. THIS IS YOUR CHILD....YOUR HOUSE, YOUR RULES.
Over protective teetering on abusive. Sorry this sounds harsh but this is weird.
Sorry.

OMG...you are right on.....this is not acceptable! I have never heard of this happening......He should not be taking her to the bathroon with him....I agree with the closing the door and having him and her count with the door shut and such.....wow

S.,
Hope I helped.
http://workathomeunited.com/bell04

You have ever reason to be concerned with this situation! We as mother's have to trust our "gut feeling" when something doesn't appear right. We have every right to protect our children from every uncomfortable situation that arises in their dear little years! Never feel bad for speaking your mind when a situation like those arises. A mother's gotta do what a mother's gotta do even if we need to set other family members (her Dad) straight! Take Care! L.

I agree with you. That is a little strange, my hubby and I have 3 girls and he never allowed them in the bathroom with him. The only reason I allowed them with me is I used it as a teaching time for potty trianing. My gilrs are now 7, 5 and 4 and I tell them I need privacy, they may wait outside the door but I don't allow them inside anymore.

1 / 3