Crockpot Recipes - Halethorpe,MD

Hello Moms,

I'm looking for some great crockpot recipes. Would love your recipes! Please share.

Thanks.
P.

Stephanie O'Dea is the Queen at fast and tasty crockpot recipes. This is her website: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

You can also get them in book form.

My favorite crock pot blog is "A Year of Slow Cooking".
I really like it because she uses everyday staples and writes about the "reviews" her kids and husband give at dinner. I also like being on her mailing list, she sends her new recipes as she makes them, about every day or so.http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-list...
I use my crock pot almost every day. Today I made beef teriyaki, my own recipe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Beef Teriyaki
I put about 2 pounds thinly sliced beef strips into the crock pot. You could just leave the steak/flank chicken/whatever whole and it would be fine also. I used frozen meats also sometimes.

In a small bowl mix with a whisk:

1/2 cup soy sauce(I use low sodium soy sauce or Bragg's)
1/4 cup honey or brown sugar(I use Agave nectar)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar(or you can use mirin or cooking sherry)
1 tablespoon dried minced onion(or 1/2 fresh yellow onion, finely chopped)
3 cloves fresh minced garlic(I use the pre-minced in a jar)
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder(or you can use 1 tablespoon freshly grated)
2 teaspoons cornstarch(or you can omit this if you don't want your sauce to have a glaze quality)

Pour over beef. Don't worry about the sauce not covering all the meat, it will be just fine. It is a myth that the meat has to be covered in liquid to cook properly. You can cook 2 pounds of frozen cuts with only a few inches of liquid and it will be just fine. Cover with lid and cook on HIGH 2-5 hours or LOW 4-8 hours. I cut my strips so thin they were done in two hours on high. I have made it before and left it on low all day while I was at work and it was perfectly fine. I do that a lot because I use a lot of frozen cuts.

I served this with cooked brown rice and steamed broccoli and it was very good. I really like using low sodium sauce and agave nectar(has a low glycemic index), I have to be really careful about salt and sugar in my diet.

I really love my crock pot:)

Chicken Cassoulet: (a French dish, but my own version):

1) at the bottom of the crock pot... put a sliced onion evenly across the bottom of the pot.
2) Then put about 4 pats of butter or more, up to you. (I like butter, so I am generous with it).
3) Then, put in about 6 boneless chicken thighs. It can be frozen, no problem.
4) put some garlic cloves on top. How many is up to you.
5) Then, pour in some white wine over everything. Maybe about 1 cup or half a cup.
6) Then, sprinkle on top of the chicken, a packet of Lipton Onion soup mix.
7) Then, open up 2-3 cans of white beans, and pour that into the pot. Drain the liquid out of the beans first.
8) You can also (and I do this), add in some sausage too. Any kind you want.
And just cook it all together.

Then, turn on crock pot on low, and cook for about 6 hours.
I have a bigger sized crock pot, so this all fits in mine.

Before serving, just do a taste test of the sauce/juices... and add salt if needed, per your taste.

As you noticed, I do not cook by a recipe or by measuring. I eye-ball everything and go by taste/instinct.
My family LOVES this dish.
My Hubby is French, and he says it is good too.

all the best,
Susan

Ooh, I just made an AWESOME crockpot recipe the other day. You take four frozen skinless breast halves + dry italian seasoning packet (you know the kind you use to make salad dressing) + one cup of warm water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I actually didn't have the breasts so I just used the raw frozen chicken tenderloins enough to equal 4 breast and cooked it for 4 hours on low. It was awesome. I'll be making it again and again. This recipe came out of the Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook and I think it was called Super Easy Chicken.

One of our favorite football-season recipes is Taco Soup; not complicated, but very tasty and not too bad for you--
1 pound ground beef (or could use chicken breast)
1 jar salsa
2 cans black beans
2 cans corn
1 packet taco seasoning.

Cook up beef/chicken, add small amount of water and taco seasoning. Put the meat plus the other ingredients in crock pot on high for 3 hours or so. To serve, top with sour cream and/or cheddar cheese.

Enjoy!

Crockpot Pork Verde

Cut one large onion and put in bottom.
Cut one Jalapeno, seeds and all in.
Season a pork shoulder roast w/your favorite seasoning (optional)
and throw it in....you could just salt and pepper it!
2 bay leaves.
2-4 cans green sauce (Mexican aisle)

Chicken broth.

Basically add enough green sauce and chicken broth to barely cover the roast, more saucy less liquidy.

Cook on low all day.
Shred pork and eat with corn tortillas, salsa, cilantro and sour cream and Spanish rice

You can also get them in book form.

Hi P.! I'm with Bernadette, I go to allrecipes.com at least once a day either for actual recipes or just ideas for a jumping point. We make a million different soups in our crock pot, but the last really fantastic thing we had was a roast my husband made. He chopped up a sweet onion & tossed that in the bottom of the pot & added 1 can condensed tomato soup, 1/2 a jar of Heinz chili sauce, a few dashes of Worchestershire & a drop of lemon juice & mixed it up. Took a 3-4 pound chuck roast & seasoned it really well on all sides with garlic powder, salt, pepper & Adobe seasoning mix & just plopped it on top. We cooked it on low all day long & the sauce thickened up nicely without us having to add any flour or constarch to it. I made smashed potatoes & steamed green beans to go with it.

My favorite recipes with the crock pot is bbq pork.
You can use ribs or pork chops. Just put the meat in the crock pot with garlic and onions and your favorite bbq sauce(i make my own) and cook in on low all day. The mean is so tender and falls apart!!

1 / 3