Crochet Pattern for Hat & Scarf

A friend of my sister recently found out she has breast cancer. She has had a VERY positive attitude - very inspiring!

I love to crochet, so I decided to make her a hat & scarf. I've already picked out a metallic pink yarn for it.

Anybody know of any free patterns online for a cute 1-color hat & scarf? I didn't want to just do a plain single crochet pattern.

Thanks! :)

I completely forgot about Ravelry! Am now awaiting my forgotten login info to come in my email! LOL

There's an online group at ravelry.com, Free to join and there's a ton of patterns (free and for sale) along with examples of what the finished items looked like when made by other members.

Just a note that you'll need to make sure the yarn is super soft and no scratchy from the metallic part of the yarn. I've knit a few chemo hats and find that the softer the yarn the better. Also fleece hats are great too.

I would search ravelry.com. You will need an account with them and you will need to put in the search criteria "free" but the pattern search is extensive....

Hat pattern link:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&...

Scarf pattern link:

Hi!!

I often use a site called 'hooked on crochet'...

The patterns there often give me a basic guide while I crochet on to make it more special.

I made my 'pete' a 'healing shawl' when he was going thru chemo/radiation. I am happy to report that jan 2nd, he will be 4 years "NED"...(No Evidence of Disease)...

Happy to also report that we now 'fight' over the shawl...LOL

How kind to think of your friend...

I send healing (and warm) thoughts...

Best Luck!
michele/cat

Go to Lion Brand Yarn's website - they have free patterns for all different skill levels.

Lion Brand Yarn has a web site with a ton of free patterns.

1 / 3