Crochet Pattern for Hat & Scarf

Updated on December 24, 2011
S.H. asks from Harvest, AL

A friend of my sister recently found out she has breast cancer. She has had a VERY positive attitude - very inspiring!

I love to crochet, so I decided to make her a hat & scarf. I've already picked out a metallic pink yarn for it.

Anybody know of any free patterns online for a cute 1-color hat & scarf? I didn't want to just do a plain single crochet pattern.

Thanks! :)

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

I completely forgot about Ravelry! Am now awaiting my forgotten login info to come in my email! LOL

answers from New York on

There's an online group at, Free to join and there's a ton of patterns (free and for sale) along with examples of what the finished items looked like when made by other members.

Just a note that you'll need to make sure the yarn is super soft and no scratchy from the metallic part of the yarn. I've knit a few chemo hats and find that the softer the yarn the better. Also fleece hats are great too.

answers from Lynchburg on

I often use a site called 'hooked on crochet'...

The patterns there often give me a basic guide while I crochet on to make it more special.

I made my 'pete' a 'healing shawl' when he was going thru chemo/radiation. I am happy to report that jan 2nd, he will be 4 years "NED"...(No Evidence of Disease)...

Happy to also report that we now 'fight' over the shawl...LOL

How kind to think of your friend...

I send healing (and warm) thoughts...

Best Luck!

answers from Baton Rouge on

Go to Lion Brand Yarn's website - they have free patterns for all different skill levels.

answers from New York on

Lion Brand Yarn has a web site with a ton of free patterns.

Next question: Does Anyone Have......