Christmas Party Game Ideas

Since you gals gave me sooo many wonderful family reunion game ideas, I thought Id pick your brains again for age 50 & over Christmas party game ideas. It will be all ladies. Thanks in advance for your time! :)

This is one I play with the kids, but it is so fun for adults too. We play the Lefty, righty game, have everyone bring a gift, then you read the left right story ( you can google the game, there are a few verisions) everytime in the story you hear left, you pass left, and right you pass right, and at the end of the story you get the gift you are holding.

Purchase a gift and place it in a box, inside a box, inside a box. Each box is wrapped individually. Give the person two oven mits and have them put them on and try to open the box in a minute, once the minute is up they pass the box to the next person to try and open. Whoever opens the box gets the gift inside.

Yankee Swap is great fun! Everyone brings a wrapped gift (establish a limit for cost). All the gifts are placed in the middle of a circle of participants. Everyone draws a number from a bowl or hat. The person with #1 goes first and picks a gift from the center. She unwraps the gift. The person with #2 may pick another gift from the center OR she may steal the gift from the first person. If #1 loses her gift, she may choose another one (She may not steal her first gift back during that turn but may do so when her number comes up again), and the next choice goes to #3, who may steal from #1 or #2 or may select and unwrap another gift from the center. There are usually one or two gifts everyone wants, and they get passed around a lot. The swap continues until all the gifts have been taken from the center. The group may then decide to go around one or two more times before ending it. It can be quite lively and good for a lot of laughs as people try to hide what they want to keep or try to bargain with others to keep it. On the other hand, there are always some who will try to persuade others to take their gift off their hands so they can choose something else. Our family of 3 generations has chosen the Yankee Swap route to avoid the expense of buying gifts for each family member. Everyone looks forward to it as it is always good for a lot of laughs, and there are usually some pretty neat gifts. L. D. (Mother of 3 plus spouses and grandmother of 5)

How about pin the star on the Christmas tree? Seems like it's always fun when someone is blindfolded . . . Another one that is more for the "stay seated" crowd is a game about Christmas carols. You can create a quiz with obscure lyrics (always tough to get everyone to agree on the twelve days of Christmas) or you can create your own carol: Have each person write an opening verse, then pass the paper to their right. Each person adds one line to the carol, then all can vote on which one is the best, funniest, etc. If you have the $$, I bet Christmas karaoke would be fun too . . .

This is not specifically a Christmas game but I just saw a hilarious video on UTube: You'll need plungers and tolls of toilet paper. Get ready to pee your pants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt9lErsLafw&feature=re...

You can wrap a fun gift several times in different wrapping paper. Then you play a type of hot potato with it. Play music and randomly stop. Whoever has the gift gets to open one layer . Keep doing this until the gift is exposed. The person with the exposed gift gets to keep it. Have fun

You could do an ornament exchange. Everyone brings a wrapped ornament. All of them are put in a pile. Have everyone pick a number and that is the order that the ornaments are picked. Now they unwrap and keep the ornament or steal from someone else. It is fun and lots of laughs.
Have a great party.

omg...the plunger/tp game is a scream!! But, I like the one where each person brings a wrapped present under like $15 or whatever the limit and then once at the party you each pick a number. #1 picks a present from the pile and opens it...#2 can take #1 present or pick a new one and open it...#3 can take from #1 or #2 or pick and so on. A present can only move 3 times..once the third person gets it it is hers...I hope I explained this right...Have fun!!!

1 / 3