Cheap Rabies Vaccinations

I need to get all of my cats vaccinated for Rabies, but I do NOT want to pay for a vet visit or unnecessary tests for all 5 of them. I just want to take them somewhere to each get the shot. Does anyone know of a clinic/shelter, etc. where they offer cheap (or free) rabies vaccinations? I live in Madison Heights but am willing to drive.

Petco offers lost cost vaccination clinics. Find the one closest to you and call them for a time when the vet will be in.

We have 5 dogs and are experiencing the same thing. A few options:
- call around to a bunch of vets and get their pricing and see if they know of any free clinics
- check if the county has any free clinics
- order the vaccine, syringes, and needles (you can get it online, e.g. www.revivalanimal.com, etc.) and do it yourself for a fraction of the cost (if there are no free clinics). You don't get the vet. certification, unless you are a cerified vet, but you get your pets protected.

Good luck! :)

I just read something in the Detroit Free Press yesterday about an event at I think Petsmart by Lakeside Mall this weekend offering $10 vaccines. Might want to check the 10/29 Free Press for details.

Try the humane society.

Check out craig's list detroit under pets. There is an ad for spaying/neuter and they also do shots. I put in neuter to get the phone number. Actually, here is the number ###-###-#### they are on mound in warren. L. S.

I know Petco does vaccinations much more reasonably than a vet. People line up when they have their clinics. If you have one nearby, call. Our Petco (Masonic & Gratiot) has a gal that rescues cats and kittens. She's very knowledgable, you may want to go up there and talk with her. She may be able to advise how to get free vaccinations. She's up there most weekends...sometimes during the week too. I'm sure the store manager would help you make contact with her. Good luck!

petco... 12 and dequindre.. they do a clinic once per month.

call for times/dates

petsmart also has clinics not sure where the closest petsmart is located.

I believe that madison heights does a free/cheap vaccine day at least once per year.. I am thinking it might be in the spring.

Vet bills are outrageous. I paid almost 400 for my dogs annual physical and shots.. and she was perfectly healthy.

we are looking at ways to reduce the vet bills too..

We used to go to the Humane Society for our dogs and I don't think it was cheaper.. at all!

We got to Long Lake Animal Hospital in Troy and it's much more reasonable. it was $130 for our dog to have a tumor removed and she had to stay the night.

1 / 3