Bringing Baby Out in Public

How old should a baby be before she/he is brought out in public?

I think I stopped by work on the way home from the hospital with my second. Oh my first was passed around a funeral home the day I brought him home, dad's business if you were wondering. Third was up at school for carpool the day after he came home and the last we had a party to go to after I got out of the hospital since she had the nerve to be born two days before mother's day.

Get the idea I don't buy into the period of time they should be in isolation. I have very healthy kids too. :)

After leaving the hospital with my son, we stopped at wal-mart and then at the place I worked at back then to show him off. Let the world see his newborn beauty!!! :)

We were at Chipotle the day I got out of the hospital cause we were all too tired to deal with making food.

24 hours? I don't see why a baby has to be isolated. If you don't want people touching the baby (not that I've even had that issue), put baby in a sling or wrap. I'd have gone insane if i put an isolation on myself. I definitely wouldn't have 4 kids.

Think about it. People in your house go to the store or church or school etc even if you stay home with the baby. If you have other children they are going to school or daycare or playing outside or going to the store etc and bringing anything home. I'm sure your husband can't take 2 months off work and has to go into the office, being exposed to whatever is going around and bringing it home.
Use common sense. Don't play pass the baby. Keep everyone's hands clean that will be touching the baby. There is no reason to be a shut in!
We went to Disneyland for a few hours when my third born was 17 days old. I changed her in the stroller and not the changing tables, she was breastfed so I had nothing extra to take with or worry about water for mixing formula and had nothing to worry about keeping sterile. I kept her in the stroller or the sling. We didn't make a huge day of it, only 1 ride, a trip to Build-a-Bear so the boys could make their Big Brother bears and she could get her first one. We ate something and went home. We met up with some friends that were also there and sat and visited. At 6 weeks we took her to the San Diego Comic Book Convention. There was also a trip to Legoland before 6 weeks for a few hours for the boys to run off steam. The midwife knew of every one and said we were fine.
I did quick trips to the store when mine were only a day or two old. I just kept them in the sling or held them and didn't go alone so someone else could push the cart and put what we needed into the cart.

There'a absolutely nothing wrong with taking baby out. When you feel good enough to venture out yourself baby can too.
My husband took the baby outside to show off all the while I was laying around sleeping :)

We we to eat on the way home from the hospital, we still had our bracelets on. Nothing wrong with bringing a healthy baby out.

couple hours or so.
khairete

1 / 3