Birthday Gift for 6 Year Old Boy

We were invited to a birthday party for a 6 year old boy and I am clueless as to what to get him for a gift. Can you give me any advice that would be maybe under $40? Thanks!

ladies, thanks so much for all your great suggestions. After reading some and noticing that Legos were the popular suggestion, I took another look at the invite and saw that it has a picture of the birthday boy next to a giant Lego monster. I can take a hint :) Thank you also for the price suggestions-it helps alot!

Little boys love to build. I would suggest some Legos or even look at the Lego Bionicles. They also help with fine motor skills.

My son loves building kits of all kinds--Legos, Knex, wooden blocks. My older son was more into sports, so outdoor toys worked for him. They both liked superhero or Transformer toys and Spongebob or other tv-themed shirts. Some boys like CDs or DVDs as well.

I have a 6 year old boy and he LOVES legos...

Hi G.,
I have a 5.5 year old son and he's goes crazy over any kind of LEGO kit, especially the ones called Racers! You can get small kits for under $15 at Target, Walmart or Toys R Us. They are labeled ages 5+ or 8+ and just don't get the ones meant for the 12+ which are really tiny pieces with complicated instructions. Another similar interest because it requires building and configuring are the Transformer toys (robots that turn into vehicles). I'm sure you can find lots of toys for under $40 in those same aisles. Have fun at the party!

unless this chld is an immediate family member you can lower your price range by $25.00. Only niece or nephews should you spend that kind of money. An educational toy is best or favorite DVD movie.

If he's going into first grade, he's probably already starting to read. How about a Barnes & Noble gift card and a couple of "chapter books" to one of the "boy" series (I'm sure someone could help with some popular series books). Include the gift receipt so he can exchange them if needbe.

Another thought, if he's not reading yet, go to Learning Express and get him something personalized there. I know my kids love their "art boxes". They have these clip boards with handles that also hold papers and such inside. You can get one personalized for him. That way he always has something to do in the car, at a drs appt, etc.

I know my six year old really enjoys using her own "money" to buy herself something she wants. Although gift cards aren't fun to give necessarily, they can be very fun at this age if you have any idea what stores or restaurants he likes to shop at. Give him a Target one along with a gift cert. to Ben and Jerry's for a free ice cream cone and he'll love you.

First, I agree with the other poster...$40 is very generous unless you are very close to this child. I would say $25 is more appropriate if you're not. What about some beginner art supplies? That's a great age to foster an interest in art. Or puzzles, legos, anything on the creative side. Have fun at the party!

Hi G. Give the six year old a $25 dollar gift card for Toys R Us, Walmart or Target. I'm quiet sure he can get something nice for that price.

My son is turning 6 and the two top things on his list are LEGO kits and Bakugans (sort of an advanced marble-type game). Both you can get for well under $40.

He also enjoys board games (Monopoly Jr, Clue Jr) etc.

He also got a science kit ($20) that he loved. Hope this helps!!

1 / 3