Best Cleaner for Shower Doors

Please help!!! The one area of my house that I can never seem to get "clean" is the master shower. The shower doors never look crystal clear. They have a film on them no matter what cleaner I use. I also have a hard time getting the floor clean. It has grooves, which I'm guessing are so we don't slip. The built around tile doesn't look too bad, although I sometimes see orange near the bottom. I don't know if we have hard/soft water (the soap suds just fine). I feel like it's soap scum that is stuck on everything.

What are the best products to use to get rid of this???? I look forward to hearing of some great cleaning products for the shower!!

Thanks in advance!

My MIL said Lime Away is the best cleaner for shower doors. I also use Clorox Wipes and Windex - Windex cleans everything.

I use a great product called Tub and Tile, it is delivered to my house! It's safe, non toxic, and environmentally friendly; something to be considered since I live near the Chesapeake Bay. If you would like to try some, completely risk free, e-mail me @ ____@____.com It works better than the moajor brands and costs less!

I know this is going to sound odd, but WD40 works wonders on glass shower doors. All you do is spray it on the door directly or on a dry soft cloth and wipe clean. It removes the built up crud that creates the film, and leaves a nice crystal clear door. The WD40 smell goes away fast. It also helps to turn on your exhaust fan while using it. I googled "uses for WD40 one day and found this. It's super simple, cheap, it works, and only takes mere minutes to do! Just did mine the other day. As for the bottom of your shower...any product with bleach in it will work. I use comet and a scrub brush for the non slip texture you described. I may try a magic eraser though...I have one that I have never used, so this would be a good time to see what it can do. Oh, and turn on some music while you clean...it makes it much more fun!

vinegar and baking soda. a very inexpensive and WONDERFUL cleaning solution. there should be "recipes" for making your own cleaner out of these 2 things online. Trust me, I wash everything with a spray bottle of baking soda and white vinegar.

One of the best solutions that another mother recommended to me years ago was to use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and liquid dish soap (like Dawn or Joy). Simply put some dish soap on the eraser sponge and scrub the shower door. It cleans them like a champ! I used this method to clean our master bath shower doors when we moved into our new house and they now look brand new. Hope it helps you.

Honestly, the best cleaner that I have found for the shower is Dawn dish liquid. Seriously, no lie.

Try this....When you are taking a shower and have been in for a bit and things are nice and steamy pour a bit of Dawn straight from the bottle onto a sponge/ scour pad (I will Doobie pads and they work great and don't scratch surfaces) and rub it into the wall/ door. Let it sit for about 30 seconds...lightly rinse pad then rub down the surface again. Then rinse with water. It will be crystal clear. (pop some deep conditioner in your hair before you start cleaning and you get a great condition job on your hair, too!)

I have noticed that since I started using Dawn my shower is easier to clean and it seems to stay cleaner, too. Dawn is cheaper than most cleaners and it is far, far gentler on your hands. I just use the regular, blue dawn. Works like a charm!

My mom has glass doors and it is the only thing that will get and keep them clear.

Best of luck!

Have you tried comet? Comet works really well on our shower floor. I use Lime away or clorox cleanup for soap scum on the walls. Maybe that would work on your door? I haven't tried magic erasers in the bathroom, but they work really well on everything else. Good luck!

Comet Bathroom Cleaner in the spray bottle takes care of my shower door and wall. Spray it on, wipe with a green ScotchBrite scrub cloth (just don't scrub too hard or you might scratch the glass), rinse, and then squeegee. Touch up any remaining spots with Windex. Just make sure you don't mix cleaning chemicals together - it can release toxic gases.

I use bathroom cleaner on my glass shower doors (not sure if yours are glass). Spray it on and let it soak for a few minutes while you clean the rest of the bathroom. Once all of the scum is off, then I use a light spray of glass cleaner.

1 / 3