Baffled by So Called Eczema Rash !!!!!

Hi

I have a 6mth old baby girl and over the past 3wks she has developed a rash on the top of her arm(elbow area). It started out looking like prickle heat and then it got raised and consolidated . Dr. had given me hydrocortisone cream which did nothing. Then she had me see a dermatologist, who then gave me a stronger cream Verdeso and a moisturizer Eltone. She didn't think it was an allergy or bite etc. So she treated it as eczema. Needless to say these creams have done nothing either. Now I have noticed the little red bumps on her legs and other arm . These were the same bumps I presumed were prickle heat but then turned into the rash on the other arm. Does anyone have any experience with eczema or allergies that triggered like symptoms. I was wondering if maybe she has become allergic to her formula Similac Advance. We are at a lost and the poor thing has started to itch and cry when she rubs it. We are going back to the Dr. next week. I am worried they are going to start poking her for test which I would love to avoid. Any suggests would be greatly appreciated. We use baby detergent for her clothes and I avoid using harsh chemicals to clean. Any recommendations for Drs that deal with this would be great to ( bergen county NJ area) thanks

Renew lotion made by Melaleuca is the answer! I use it myself, and on my 5 month old grand daughter. To find out more and order go to livetotalwellness.com/mmr
M. Romahn
###-###-####

Hi T.,
My son was born with an eczema rash on his face.
Melaleuca has a product that is absolutely terrific for eczema, even for infants. If you'd like a sample and more information, please contact me.
###-###-####
www.LiveTotalWellness.com/L.

There is a rash that looks similar to eczema that is a symptom of Celiac Disease. The rash is called dermatitis herpetiformis. It can be controlled by making some dietary changes. IF they are going to do bloodwork, suggest to the doctor to add a celiac panel to the tests. If the test is positive, you'll know how to treat it, if not, then at least its been ruled out as a possible cause. Good luck!

Hi T.,
###-###-####
www.LiveTotalWellness.com/L.

Hi T.,
I have had a bit of experience with eczema as I am a pediatric nurse. I know that the creams do not always work but there are a couple of things to try.
You mentioned the Dr gave you hydrocortisone and it hasn't helped. One thing I learned is that it is best to apply this right after a bath and then apply eucerine or aquaphor cream over it. That does seem to help.
But I have to tell you of a natural priduct I learned about through a nurse that worked at Buffalo Children's hospital for 20 years. Her husband is a pharmicist so they have a great deal of knowledge in medicine. This gal, Theresa's nephiew had eczema so bad. I have pictures of this. She began to topically apply this mangosteen juice called Xango juice to the skin which was everywhere. With in 3 days the eczema was almost totally gone and within the week it was gone.
She has a webb site www.horab.com If you go to it you will be able to learn all about this and her phone # is on the site so I know if you called her she could help you.
I do happen to use and sell this product as well but I am not looking for sales so much as for your child to be helped.
As for testing, I know Dr's do RAST testing with a simple blood test when children are younger. They do not do the intradermal testing on babies as a rule so I would recommend you try the RAST test to find out the specifics of the allergies and please contact Theresa at that webb site. She is a wealth of knowledge and can help you I am sure.

my 6 mo daughter has horrible eczema behind her ears. its so bad that her scratching makes it bleed. i always post on here how happy i was with atopiclair. please go to thier website and check it out. they also have lots of info regarding eczema, and what triggers it. my daughter gets so sweaty. the eczema is always there but the heat definately has made it much worse. now i read all the triggers and honestly, there may be other things than heat that are causing the problem but until i find out what they are, this cream has helped immensely after just the first application. it isnt cortizone or a steriod, and can be used in infants as young as 1 month. its made wigh lots of shea butter. good luck.

Hi T.! My 6 month old son has eczema as well and has had it since he was a week old. I do know that the heat definitely makes it worse. I know you've received a ton of advice on this topic, but I have tried nearly every recommended cream and topical and we have only found two that work well for us. It doesn't mean that my sons' rash totally goes away, but it does help tremendously. Cheeky baby butter is available online at babybearshop.com and is a bit expensive. Vanicream moisturizing lotion is much cheaper and works very well. You can call your local walgreens to see if they carry it or order it online at drugstore.com. Neither contain any dyes, perfumes or parbens and are not greasy at all.

I know you will hear otherwise, but eczema is not neccessarily related to diet. My son is breastfed and when he was younger I went dairy and soy free in my diet and his skin was always a bother. I wouldn't let them do allergy tests on your daughter because they aren't fully conclusive at this age.

It's most likely the heat of summer and it will get better. good luck!

A.

T.:

Before you start messing around with assorted creams, go see Dr. Robert Buka - he is a pediatric dermatologist with an office on rt. 17 in Paramus (at Century Road). He is very nice & good with the kids (looks like a kid himself). Until you know specifically what this is, it does not make sense to try things out on a 6 month old. Hopefully the derm will give you a more specific answer.

In the meantime, try Aveeno oatmeal baths & keep her cool. Make sure she has light clothing over the affected area so she does not scratch herself raw.

Good luck :-)

Hi T.! I would check out CityMommy. Its specifically for your area and there is a directory of all sorts of things...including specialty docs! Log onto northjersey.citymommy.com and enter code "njmommy" to register

See you on line!

M. Romahn
###-###-####

Hi T.,

My son started with what the doctor called an eczema rash when he was about four months. He would have flare ups on his arms, face and neck and it would itch. The doctor gave me the same creams and foams and i tried some of everything as well, but nothing topical really cleared it up while he was young.(He is 22 months now) I would give him half the recommended dose of dye-free benedryl whenever the itching was enough to make him cry. I later found out that he has a severe barley allergy and possibly milk. He would only drink soy formula. Now it has all cleared up except for a small dry patch on his arm. Just be aware that many doctors are just experimenting and are not really sure when it comes to babies and she could outgrow whatever it is. Good Luck

1 / 3