Baby's Eyes Are Different Colors

my 3 month old daughter's eyes are two different colors, one is turning very blue and the other is brownish.. does anyone know if this will change??

Thank you very much to everyone who responded... it is very comforting to have such a great resource full of such awesome moms!!!

i'll let you know what happens..

I'm sorry I don't know but I just wanted to share with you that my best girlfriend has one green and one brown eye and has since she was very young. When we were growing up it was always something that was considered very different but beautiful, I think it adds character. Just wanted to share

There is a high fasion model with a brown and a green eye. I think it's neat. I also had a neighbor with a blue and a green eye I don't think she ever got made fun of. I think it's exotic and so cool. She'll love it when she grows up.

My name is L.. Funny, I myself have two different colored eyes. The medical name for this is Heterochromia iridium (google it). I have one brown eye and one hazel eye. My eyes have been like this since birth. I have no problems with my site or anything. When I get into water or outside, my hazel eye really turns green. I get a lot of compliments of how different it is. Don't worry she will be that much more unique.

Its very common for babies eyes to change from blue to another color a couple months after birth. My daughter is eight months old and her eys are spotted green blue and brown. Im sure shes fine.

Yes, this will change.

Hi. I was born with different colored eyes. And they are still different colors. One stays blue and they other is constantly changing. I am very much proud of my eyes and i am always getting compliments. So i would just consider it a blessing.

My 11 year old son has two different color eyes. When he was a baby one was very blue and the other was brown. Now one is blue with hazel specks (makes it look green from far away) and the other is almost a yellow hazel with blue around the edges. They are so pretty and unique. He has never had anyone make fun of him. All we have ever heard is "how cool".

BTW: David Bowie has two different color eyes.

Hi LeeAnn. How cool. They might change. Our ped. told us that my youngest boys eyes' might change from blue to brown. He says it could take up to a year for them to change. If they don't change, then be happy that your daughter has a feature so unique and different from anyone else. That is great and I'm sure she is beautiful. Best wishes, T.

The same thing happened to my son around four months old. He is now two and a half, with one blue eye, and the other one is brown with a little blue in it. I researched it online before, and found out that it is either genetics, a birth defect, or trauma to the eye. As long as she seems to see fine through the eye it is okay. But you might want to ask her doctor at her next visit. The online source I found said to let the doctor know, because sometimes they have to do eye tests. I look at my son's eyes everyday. It is so unique and beautiful to have a child with two different colored eyes. I hope this helps.

1 / 3