Baby Blue Eyes

I am wondering when your babies eyes changed color. My son is 3 months now and he has had piercing blue eyes since birth, and I am curious if they will stay that way since they are so blue. Especially considering both his father and myself have hazel eyes.

My daughter was born with very blue eyes even the whites were a blue tint. They never changed. Both of my boys were born with brown eyes. They stayed brown.

My kids eyes never changed from the time they were born. My oldest had such blue eyes and everyone was positive they would change. She is 12 and has yet changed. Same with the rest of my kids. None of them have changed. Some have gotten lighter in their coloring, but never darker.

My husband has green/blue eyes and I have green eyes. We both had blue eyes until about 13. My son currently has really blue eyes, that match what I had as a child, but now we are asked where he got them from. I think that hazel allows some changing throughout, but by 3 months you should know if they are going to be brown or a lighter color.

Oh K.,
Drumroll please....He's eyes will be blue!!! If it is anywhere in the line (yours or his daddy's) It is possible. Yea!!! My hubby has brown, mine are hazel. Baby #1-Brown, Baby #2- Hazel, Baby #3- Brown, Baby #4 BLUE!!! Baby #5 Hazel. My Auntie, Grandmother & Uncles had Blue. My Hubby's dad, 1 sister & 1 brother, all had blue or green eyes. So our babies have a 25% of being blue. And I knew when baby #4 came out her's would be blue. Even my midwife doubted it. But my MIL said I willed it to happen, LOL. ENjoy & congrats on the little man! G

My first husband and I both have blue eyes. My oldest daughter did, and now they are bright green. Second daughter's are now hazel, same with the third daughter and fourth, fifth one, a son, still has blue eyes. seems to me they all changed around 3 or 4. My current husband has hazel eyes, I STILL have blue, and our 15-year old son has blue with hazel tints. There is really no way to tell if his eyes will stay blue, just enjoy staring into them whatever the color! Congratulations!

Your babies eyes sound beautiful. Their eye color can change all the way up until they are two years old. I have a friend whose daughter had blue eyes for almost the entire first two years and then they turned into a beautiful brown. I hope this doesn't discourage you :)

Blessings,

My daughter is 13 and her eyes are still changing color. Mine changed as a teenager too.

Everyone kept telling me that my baby's eyes would stay blue because they were so very blue at first. But at about a year old his eyes started adding a little bit of green. Most people still see his eyes as being blue (he's 17 months now), but I know the green is there and it will probably just get more mixed with blue and green as he gets older.

I had always heard that a baby's eyes can change color up to 2 years of age, and then depending on what you're wearing, eyes can look a little different. My guys have all been blue from the start, but both of their parents have blue eyes!

From a website I found;
...because the gene for blue eye color is recessive, which means that you need two genes for blue eyes to actually have blue eyes. On the other hand, the gene for brown eyes is dominant, so you only need one gene for brown eyes to have brown eyes. Therefore, if someone has one gene for blue eyes and one gene for brown eyes (we usually have two genes for most things like eye color, hair color, or height, getting one from each parent), the baby will have brown eyes.

But even if two parents have brown eyes, they could both have one gene for blue eyes. If they each pass this gene to their baby, then the baby will have two genes for blue eyes and will actually have blue eyes.

The gene for green eyes is also dominant over blue eye color, but is recessive to brown. So what color eyes could a baby have if one parent had green eyes and the other parent had brown eyes? Since the genetics of eye color is quite complex and poorly understood, the real answer is that the baby could have almost any eye color from hazel to blue....

Good luck...

1 / 3