Baby Shower - Antelope,CA

I am having my baby shower in a week and its after the baby has been born. Should I still play some of the baby shower games? Or what suggestions does anyone have for such a gathering? thanks for any thoughts.

Well I just had my shower on Saturday. Everyone who showed has called and said they had a great time, as did I. We played some fun games and justed enjoyed visiting. Thank you all for your great incouragement to play the games they were a hit. Baby pictionary and Fill in the nuresy rythmes were the best games at the party. again thak you.

My husband's aunt gave me my baby shower & she came up with a Diaper Raffle. She told everyone to bring a package of diapers (any size) or wipes, the more packages the more entries. Then she gave away a nice Bath & Body gift basket. It was great for me & the baby because I had a bunch of different sizes & types of diapers to try!

One really different one that I did for mine was I put on the invitation for everyone to bring a baby photo of themselves. You can call them since it's close. I bought a huge poster board and drew flowes and such on it. When the guests arrived, my sister put them on the poster board with double sided tape and silly saying stickers captions coming out of their mouths (be careful not to put stickers on the photos...some of mine stuck to their photos) and then she numbered them.

We put the poster board where everyone could see it and had them guess which guest matched which baby. It made for conversation and mingling of families...which I needed at mine.

Also, a fun one is to have ten diapers with melted and mashed candy bars. They get to smell the diaper and guess what candy bar it is. I like it better than the baby food one.

For thank you cards, have each person self address a blank thank you card envelope and drop it into a bowl. Draw a name and give a prize. Now you don't have to address your thank you cards later and you have a complete record of who came so you dont' miss anyone.

I also did a timer while I opened gifts. My sister would set a timer to go off every few minutes (depending on the amount of gifts you have to space it out and how long it takes to open them)...the timer would go off and whoever's gift I was opening got a gift too. I did a lottery ticket taped to a raspberry chocolate truffle from See's Candy Story. Makes gift time fun for them.

My friend bought cheapy bibs and markers and everyone drew on them during the party. Some came out very cute.

Nursery Rhyme game is fun too.
http://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_games_print1.html

Diaper Doo (Materials-small pieces of white material that can be folded into small diaper lapels, safety pins, one brown crayon). As guests arrive, pin a small diaper to each on their lapel. Tell them they will be told later what it's about. At the end of the party ask everyone to remove their diaper and open them up. One person should have a "special surprise" inside. They win a prize.

Have fun!!!

I just threw a baby shower last sat and it was a blast! I would still play games and have fun! Here are some good sites! I will include the "Diaper Cake" One also; it makes a nice centerpiece, and a GREAT gift for the mom! Good Luck!!
http://www.babbee.com/baby_shower_games/
http://www.welcomebaby.com/baby_shower_games.htm
http://www.babbee.com/shower-diaper-cakes/make-01a.html
http://www.genxero.com/nubbins/index.cfm/mnu/games.html

awww, you've gotta play the games! another poster mentioned the diapers with the melted candybars...total fun! some really look like poop! the other game my friends/family always seem to play is taking jars of baby food, taking the labels off and having everyone guess which is which. don't get the mixed ones that no one will guess but you know peas, green beans, corn, carrots, sweet potato, banana, applesauce, pear etc.

i once went to a coed shower where the guys had a baby food eating contest. i think they called it "baby fear factor." they each got three jars of baby food and then had to drink 8 oz. of formula. it was fun watching grown men having trouble getting that stuff down!

I'd say just take it easy and do whatever seems easy and fun for yourself. I don't think you are obligated to play games, but if you still want to, go for it. I think its all about the mother's sanity in the early months. :-) Congratulations.

HI A.,
my shower was a blast ( totaly untraditional but a blast) We had all the guys come over and kept them busy in the back yard with a massive BBQ and all the kids. We made it more of a social lunch event with all are close friends and family at the end we opend all the gifts and had cake!( guys were still out side happy and full) it turned out great and no body knew my husband had planed it becuse he didn't want to miss his babys shower but couldn't take all the estrogen

Hi A., Congrats! I just joined and you obviously can't play the "measure the tummy" game :) My favorite one is the memory game (with the baby items), although I have a harder time now that I'm older(my twins are 25). Have fun! -V.

A., How is your baby? How early was your baby born? I had the same thing happen to me twice. Both of my kids were early and in the ICN. We still played the games it's was still a great time. If you didn't send out baby annoucments yet have them guess the babies birth weight and height. Also do like a baby bingo and have them write what gifts you might have gotten and as you receive the iteam they mark the board. I had a hard decission of to bring or not to bring the baby and now I know I should have left her with someone as she got very sick. Even after I told people to not hold her I would find people picking her up when I left to the restroom or touching her alot. I hope this helps.

1 / 3