At What Age Do You Move a Child from a Toddler Bed to a Twin Bed?

At what age do you move a child from a toddler bed to a twin bed?

Johanna:

My kids never had a toddler bed. They went from the crib to a twin bed.

My daughter was in a twin bed at 2.
Greg was in a twin bed at 2.
Nicky was in a twin bed at 2.5.

We took them shopping so they could select their beds. They saw the toddler beds and didn't want that - twin was the way we went.

good luck!

I bought a toddler bed second hand & realized it would be way too small.

He will be 3 soon & will put his twin mattress on the foor next to the wall.

Possibly w/o the box spring. We'll see.
I do have a second hand rail for the other side, however, I doubt we will
use it.

Johanna:

My daughter was in a twin bed at 2.
Greg was in a twin bed at 2.
Nicky was in a twin bed at 2.5.

good luck!

There really is no need for a toddler bed at all. A twin mattress on the floor works just as well and can save money. So basically you can move a toddler into a twin at any time, just be sure it is low to the ground or you have a rail. The rails slide in between the mattress and boxspring and are easy to install and use.

Possibly w/o the box spring. We'll see.
use it.

my little guy went from his crib straight to a twin he will be 3 yrs old next month..my daughter went from a toddler bed to a queen between 3-4 yrs old she will be 7 yrs old next month. The only reason we moved her to a queen was because we got a great deal on a queen sleigh bed set. We got both their mattresses from Costco & decided not to do box springs yet. We put a bedrail on our little guys bed we took our daughter's rail off this past summer.

all 3 of my kids went from the crib to a twin, never had the money or the room for a toddler bed (and I needed the crib LOL) at about 2. They even slept in their twin beds WITHOUT a rail "gasp". I know I'm a terrible mother LOL

My son went to a full size bed at almost 3 when we moved to our new house. He could have gone earlier, but I didn't have the space.

We just recently moved my son to a twin bed. He is 4. His toddler bed mattress was starting to get worn out (I could feel some springs sticking up) and he was also getting to tall for it.

moved my son at 3 1/2 because was having a baby and needed the toddler bed (it was the crib converted)

1 / 3