Anyone Else Get Freezing Cold Before Their Period?

I have terrible PMS (if your read my ice cream post!) and with the bad moods comes a major drop in temperature. It's been 80 degrees here and I am freezing. It's like all my "heat" is down um, "there."

Anyone else experience this? Should I see an endocrinologist?

I use to get that way.
And then I was diagnosed as being hypothyroid.
Since I started taking thyroid medication, it's evened out the monthly roller coaster ride.

Hormones are a curious thing. Just wait till menopause when your thermostat is haywire and unpredictable EVERY FREAKIN DAY!
You are normal.
Put a blankie on and chill.

I use to get that way.

I'll bet you have low iron. Women lose a lot of iron during their period. When you have low iron, you tend to feel cold all the time. Eat a nice juicy burger and see if that helps :-)

I'm sure it's just a part of it all. Our thermostats go haywire. I don't get cold, but during my period, I always have to do extra laundry since I sweat at night, no matter what the temperature. Darn hormones.

this happens to me every month. Even when I'm on my period it's almost painful to be cold. I am hypothyroid so I am normally pretty cold anyway, but it's almost unbearable when I'm on my period

ah, back in the day........
now i get cold every freakin' evening after dinner!
apparently all my 'heat' is now required for simple digestion.
:/ khairete

It's normal. I'm always cold. Except when I wake up in a sweat. Stupid fibromyalgia.

You could be anemic or have a thyroid problem, be sure to mention this to your doctor.

I try to eat a lot more dark green vegetables when I am PMS.

1 / 3