32 Weeks- Pubic Bone Pain... What Can I Do??

Ok this is my 2nd question in like a week... I'm falling apart these days:) I'm about 32 weeks pregnant and I have developed this pain in my pubic bone that feels like someone kicked me. I have a Dr's appt on Monday and when I called the office the girl said its normal- just bones adjusting- my problem is that it hurts to get up and walk (once I'm up awhile I'm ok) I wake up from the pain when I turn over at night, and walking up the steps is horrible!! Does anyone have any remedies for this? Suggestions to be more comfortable? I'd really appreciate it!!

I had this same problem while pregnant with my 2nd child. My doctor told me it was normal and that my body was just preparing itself for the baby's birth. The only thing I can tell you is to just take it easy when getting up from laying or sitting down a long time. Once you begin moving around it will go away. I know it is painful but it will pass. I also slept with many pillows that helped somewhat while sleeping. I wish you the best!

yes, it is normal, i had this with my daughter, and quite a bit through my pregnancy. It is not comfortable by any means, but you will get through it.

Hi K.!

Isn't it the WORST pain ever?! I had that pain starting at 20 weeks and did not stop until my son was born. The doctor first said it was because my baby was lying horizontally, and when he turned, it would go away. Well, it did not go away AT ALL! My doctor said it was completely normal; just my body adjusting to the new ever increasing weight and getting ready for labor.

I had a horrible time sleeping. I woke up every time I turned over because it hurt so bad. I basically starting sleeping half upright so I wouldn't turn, and when I couldn't fall asleep that way, I used this huge spiral body pillow that support everywhere. My friend found it at Target. They still have them. I believe it's called a Snuggli? They'd be with the Boppi pillows.

I know one repsonse said it wasn't bad once she got moving, but for me it was the opposite. I was a retail manager when I was pregnant. So I was on my feet all day. The pain never really went away, but it did subside once my doctor took me out of work for the last month (for other reasons, not the pubic bone pain!). Resting helped a lot.

I had the same thing with my third pregnancy starting at 16 weeks, and only found relief from a chiropractor. You can see www.icpa4kids.com for a listing of chirpractors that specialize in pregnant women.

I felt better at the end of my pregnancy than I did at the beginning due to regular chiro visits. But I could certainly tell when I was overdue for a visit, because the pain would return with a vengence!

ok you have 2 other kids so its not like you dont know whats normal. i have a child and i never had that problem. im sorry i dont know what you can do. for sure when you go see your doctor, tell him what your feeling and what the girl said and maybe why. have you tryed putting a pillow under your tummy, to help hold it up? i know i had to do that! not for the same reason but it just made me feel more comfortable. well i wish you the best of luck!! sorry if i couldnt help to much.

The girl at the dr's office is right, it is normal. It is due to a hormone released in late pregnancy called Relaxin. I say that lightly because it is anything but relaxing. But it does relax the bones in the pelvis and makes them 'plyable' if you will, for delivery. I am sorry I don't have any suggestions for you, I went through it twice with both of my daughters. But perhaps now that you know what is causing it, maybe you can Google Relaxin.

I had the same problem with #2! The doctors told me it was normal and that it's the baby getting settled in my pelvs. It's "pressure" from the baby and because he/she is getting larger, the pressure will get sligtly moreso until the baby is born. My only solution is to move around and rub around your pelvis bone!

I remember those days! Good luck and take it easy!!

I have the exact same problem...I'm around 7 months along. there was about a 3 day period where it hurt pretty bad to walk. At least we know it'll disappear when the baby comes, right?

Congrats on # 3!! I had the exact same thing with my second pregnancy and it was agony, to the point where sometimes I could not move (it was also waking me up at night everytime I moved) which was not great when I needed to be chasing after an 18month old! I talked to my doctor about it several times and unfortunately, they said the same thing. It was just bones adjusting and also the baby was quite low so she was putting pressure on my pelvis. They said to ride it out. Easier said than done but I did and the minute my daughter popped out, all the pain was gone. I found moving around helped. If I sat for too long then it was painful to get moving again. I did some reserach on the net and found some sites recommended seeing a chiropractor to see if the bones could be realigned but by the time I got organised and found one, my baby arrived!! Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck with the birth :)

Is it like a heavy ache in your pubic bone? I had this also with my second pregnancy. The weird thing is that now, when I get my period, I get that same aching rather than the typical lower abdominal menstrual cramping I used to get until that pregancy. Very strange. The only thing that helped me was applying pressure to the area--just sitting did the trick, but that is not something you can do all day with two kids! A friend of mine had this also and purchased some sort of a strap online that applied pressure to the area. I'm not sure what it was called or how it worked, but maybe you can find something like that online. Good luck. You're entering the home stretch!

1 / 3