Pubic Bone Pain

im only about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child our first is 5 years old and im experiencing a dull pain in my pubic bone area especially at the end of the day, i havent been to my doctor yet im not scheduled to go till early next month, could anything be wrong or is it just the added weight pushing down already? it just seemed kinda quick to be experiencing this so early on... thanks in advance

I am 20 weeks along and have been having the same pain for a few days. This is my second pregnancy and never had it with my first. I did some reading about it and they say that the pubic bone has cartilage in the middle and the pain is the bones seperating from the cartilage. They really didn't list anything to do, I know the pain is worse for me after I have been on my feet a lot.

I had this same pain as well at the same point in time. I took a low impact pre-natal yoga class and soaked in the tub a bit. They both helped a bit, it lasted a few months and then the pain went away: ) Make sure you go to the low impact yoga for pregnant moms: Minneapolis Yoga Center in St. Louis Park has a teacher that is great. I never took a yoga class until I became pregnant. It was wonderful.

Check with your OB-GYN of course, but I had this SO much while pregnant with my son, even in the first weeks. SOmetimes it was hard for me to walk and get up and down because it really hurt.

My OB-GYN said it was just my body preparing, and my pelic area softening and moving.

Every pregnancy is so different from previous ones, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Good luck and congratulations!

with all the hormones running through the body it effects the cartilage between the two parts of the pelvis by softening it (preparing it for delivery). That can lead to pain because the pelvis isnt supporting the weight as well. This is happening early for you but it's not at all uncommon. Try and take it easy and you might want to talk to a physical therapist that can give you some pointers if it gets bad. Congrats and good luck with the pregnancy!!

Everything happens sooner with second, third pregnancies. I had that pain too. It was almost like a hyrnia. I had it all through my pregnancy and it would get worse throughout the day especially when I waited tables.
There was nothing really they could do about it. They just say to make sure you rest. But it is a bummer and it does hurt.
Sorry not to give good news.

I think its your body shifting to prepare to carry baby. I had alot of aches and pains when pregnate. Or maybe your over doing it and need to take some more time to put your feet up and relax.
But I really think its normal and just something to being up to the DR the next appointment.

It's not likely that there is weight on the pubic bone at this point, as the uterus wouldn't have even cleared the level of the pubic bone yet at less than 2 months. However, you may be producing relaxin already, which is the hormone that allows 'give' in the cartilage that connects the bones in the pelvis (and everywhere else). If so, you may also feel it earlier in your other joints as well, especially after exercise when more relaxin is released. Also, if you spend a lot of time standing for you job, that might contribute.
K. Wildner
Certified HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator(next series begins March 27) , Certified Childbirth Educator and Certified Hypnotherapist (and according to my teen dau, certifiable mother)
www.kimwildner.com

I had this happen a lot from 4 weeks on with my first. The doc thought it could be an ectopic pregnancy, so they did some ultrasounds. Turned out to be nothing--just feeling my body change. But, if you're worried about it, I'd say definately get it checked out. It's so easy and risk-free for the docs to take a peek in there and assure you everything's fine. Why not? All you have to loose is some health professionals thinking you're a little over-reactive. But aren't we all when it comes to our kids? Besides, if you're right and something is wrong, early detection usually means a better outcome. Best of luck with this and your exciting new addition!
:) M.

I've been experiencing similar pain this time around too. (this is my third pregnancy) I think it is normal to experience it earlier in subsequent pregnancies.

I went to the doctor for the exact same thing twice I don't remember if it was my second or third pregnancy or both. But what they say is it is your muscle stretching I think they called it the O muscle or something equally dumb. But the more you are on your feet and active throughout the day the more painful it is. I know I was doing a paper route with my 3rd pregnancy and at the end of the day I cuddled up with a heating pad on that spot and I was feeling much better. Try the heating pad and it should help greatly also during the days when it hurts most realize what you had been doing that day and try to cut it back alittle. Congrats and good luck.

Mom of 3 with 4th due Sept. 11th.. (what a due date huh?)

I had this quite a bit in my first pregnancy. The docs told me not to worry that my body was prepping itself. The pubic bone has a lot of adjusting to do to allow for your little one to come into this world. Good Luck with your pregnancy!

Hi A.-

I had that pain also. It is the pressure and weight of the baby on your pelvis. It is very painful and does seem to be worse in the evening. When I spoke to my doctor about it I was told there is nothing I could really do except wear a support band. I did get one at Motherhood Maternity but did not like to wear it. I felt it was just as uncomfortable. I just delt with the pain. Sorry you have to deal with that pain but hope things get better for you!

I had the same thing (or it sounds like it anyway.)
Do some reading on pubic symphysis. That is what I had. Doctors don't really do anything or diagnois it much. They tend to say it's all part of being pregnant. However, I couldn't just sit with the pain. So I went to physical therapy....which helped a little....but what helped the most was going to a chiropractor. I went to one that worked especially with pregnant women. The treatments were not painful or strange....very non-invasive. But it REALLY helped.
Good luck. I would keep pursuing relieve. It is out there.
J. A.