2 Yr Old Won't Drink Pedialyte

Hello,
My 2 year old daughter has a slight cold, little fever, so far no vomiting.( Thank god!)
But will not drink pedialyte....any flavor! Nor will she drink the Walgreens brand, the CVS brand....none of them. So my question is, is there anything else I can give her that won't cause diharrera or dehydration, like juice can? She will drink some water, but not as much as she will if it was juice.
Thanks in advance.

My daughter wouldn't drink pedialyte either should would eat the pedialyte freeze pops or you can try gatorade. I diluted it and she would drink that with no problems. If she's not vomiting or has no diarrhea then maybe just give her vitamin water to boost her immune system with extra vitamins.

I hope she gets better soon! There a lot of viruses going around right now.

I hope this is helpful.

Neither of my girls would drink it either and I even found apple flavor! What I did was give them very watered down juice, at least it was something! Good luck.

I personally have never wasted my money on pedialyte unless my kids couldn't keep anything else down. Have you tried to water down the juice? Maybe that would be sufficient.

My kids would NOT drink it either on it's own, so we came up with two tricks. First -- we make jello with it! Use the appropriate flavor Pedialyte in place of the cold water when you make the jello. Second -- mix it with gatorade (of course, make sure the flavors go together). Hope everyone feels better soon!

I give my son coconut water and he seems to like it enough to drink it - he won't touch pedialyte. they sell flavored varieties of coconut water as well as plain. i find it at whole foods but i'm sure they sell it elsewhere.

Here is a link that talks about the benefits:

http://www.onenaturalexperience.com/#

I hope this is helpful.

None of my kids have ever drank it, so my pedi suggested Gatorade in any flavor they like. It does the same exact thing as Pedialyte and most kids will drink it!

Our doctor has told me to use Gatorade if we ran out of Pedialyte & I couldn't get to the store, maybe she'd like one of those flavors...

Popsicles...any kind. I think pedialyte even has those. Just keep her hydrated!

You have a lot of responses, and I haven't read through them, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat. I've been told by my pediatrician and my OB to try Vitamin Water. Less sodium, more vitamins and tastes great. I got sick when I was 31 weeks pregnant (food poisoning) and was told to drink this. My OB said he doesn't think it should be a drink you just turn to instead of water on a regular basis, but for rehydration and when someone is sick, it's a good choice. Good luck!

Electrolyte water with a little bit of organic apple juice added to it is way better & healthier than Pedialyte. Trader Joes & Whole Foods market sells plain Electrolyte water. Make sure she is urinating at least 4-5 times per day because if she gets dehydrated, she risks hospitalization for electrolyte imbalance.
Dr. Alicia

1 / 3