10 Year Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I want to do something special for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We like to travel and we want to go to a place where we have not been before. We want to spend around $1000 to go somewhere warm with water in October. We like to hike, swim, and boat. We have 3 kids and decided to leave them with family. We are not sure yet if we will just do a long weekend or a week. We are looking for any suggestions or recommendations. Something romantic and gives us quality time with each other to reconnect.

K., I'd suggest calling Wendy White ###-###-####) with Fleetwood Travel. She is WONDERFUL and can find the perfect vacation because she really listens to what people are wanting. I've planned 2 vacations (a 7 day cruise that she got us ocean view rooms for less than $500 pp and a 4 day trip to Vegas that we did, including airfare for less than $800) through her and not only did she get us great prices, she was so friendly and easy to work with!

Have you thought about a cruise? We did that on our honeymoon back in May and it was fantastic! October would be an off season and if you book early you could probably get a really good price. It would probably end up being a little more than $1000 by the time you add in shore excursions and souveniers, btu we really liked the fact that all the meals were taken care of so we didn't have to figure that into our spending budget. And food on cruise ships is truely incredible!

First, Congratulations!!

My husband and I honeymooned just outside of Clearwater and stayed in a Villa on the gulf coast. They were called the Sand Glo Villas!

http://www.sandglo.com/

THEY WERE AWESOME!!! AND SO REASONABLY PRICED!!! We are definitely going to go back sometime. It is a little suite/apartment. We walked out our patio into the sandy beach!! Yes, we were beach front. It was so romantic.

If you have any military affiliations including family members try www.afvclub.com you can book condos all over the world for $299.00 a week, we have stayed in Orlando, FL, Lake Lure, NC, and in Pennsylvania they were all great. Everything you need is ther just bring food.

www.govarm.com has discounted cruises and hotel rooms. I wouldn't use there condo system because it is pricey. They have great cruise prices we are going on one Monday and I can't wait. It is my first.

Congrats! My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and are planning a trip to Ft. Myers/Naples, Florida. I have been there before and find it a very clean and friendly area. I particularly loved the islands of Sanibel and Captiva there. We are looking at renting a beachside condo for a week. I have had a lot of success doing research on Fodors.com. They also have a forum like this where you can ask questions. Have fun on your trip!

I recommend Curacao, part of the Netherland Antilles (the other islands in the chain are Aruba and Barbados). It's just north of Venezuela and is great for a weekend or a long weekend. The beaches are nice and great for snorkeling, there's a great park on the island with great hiking, and there are great restaurants (esp. a few French restaurants). There's a Beaches or maybe a Sandals resort, but we stayed at the Kura Hulanda. The rooms were beautiful and very tasteful, and there were several restaurants as well as nice pools and a great day spa in the resort. Have a great anniversary!

How about Coronado Island in California? It's next to San Diego. I really enjoyed and didn't find it too expensive. Congrats on your 10 year!

Congrats on your tenth year.
Here are some places we have been and where we stayed.

Cancun, Mexico. www.solmelia.com, great 4-5 star hotel, with fabulous restaurants on property. We also took a day trip to the Mayan ruins at Tulum, and a sanctuary called Xel Ha, which had snorkeling, hiking trail, tube float route, wildlife, sea turtle nests, huge fish, a water bridge, and a cliff to jump off into the water. Tons to do for the day. The Mayan ruins were also beautiful.

We have also been to Bahamas, Paradise Island to the Atlantis Resort, it was huge and beautiful as well. It has a huge aquarium, a rope bridge, huge pods with marine life and some local markets and things to do and shopping right over the bridge on the other islands. www.atlantis.com

In the States; Destin, Florida is incredible. The beaches are white sand and the resorts there are fabulous. I have not been there in October so you may want to check the weather at that time of year. The Sand Destin is a great place to stay. www.sandestin.com

One place we did not enjoy was Jamaica. The locals were almost hostile to us and we were there with a large group of friends, it was not the safest feeling we ever had on vacation. We did not experience this in Mexico or the Bahamas. Also, no matter where you go, be sure to ask how far the hotel is from the airport. If your hotel is 1 hour or more from the airport, it can easily take you 3-4 hours to get there and back when you arrive or leave because the shuttles that pick you up from the aiport stop at every hotel along the way. We made that mistake in Jamaica and spent 4 hours on the shuttle on the way home, not fun on narrow roads in the heat.

Also, I think, (I may be wrong), but I think, October is in hurricane season, so be aware, the prices may be low for that reason.

1 / 3