10 Year Anniversary Gift for My Husband

It's my husband and I's 10th anniversay and I have no idea what to do for him. He's one of those guys who says, "Don't get me anything honey, I have everything a man could possibly ever want." But I've got to do something or get him something. Do any of you have any ideas?

Each anniversary has an item that represents that birthday, e.g. paper for the 1st Anniversary, wood for the 5th, and for the 10th it is tin or aluminum. To tell you the truth, I do not have many ideas for what you could get that is tin or aluminum but it would be fun to come up with something.

For our 10th we went to Hawaii. If something like a trip or short weekend is out of the question then.......

Get a babysitter for the weekend or at least 1 night (where your child sleeps over somewhere else). Make him his favorite dinner, wine, and YOU be dessert in a nice little outfit, you know his tastes. IF you can't have your child sleepover somewhere, then try to get a reasonable hotel for 1 night just the 2 of you and go have a nice dinner, etc.

Some men like the dolled up lingerie in heels and others are the cute booty shorts and tee.

Make your time together a night you won't forget and create new menories and maybe new traditions!

Also, if you don't do date night, I recommend weekly date night. We've had date night since we've been together (almost 25 yrs). You don't have to be extravagant for date night.... We've done everything from a long walk to sporting events, concerts, horse races, golfing, great restaurants, etc....

When I want to do something significant and there's nothing meaningful to actually buy him for him (he doesn't wear men's jewelry or have a really expensive hobby like golf -he plays a banjo, throws darts and builds computers), I get him something that I know he will love and enjoy for the home or his office. This is our 10th as well, and my husband LOVES sunflowers. We've always wanted to put stained glass above the transom of our front door, so I'm having a piece of stained glass made and installed with four sunflowers on it, our last name in the middle and our names (including the childrens') individually under each sunflower. Our wedding date will be under our last name in the middle. Glass isn't the 10th traditionally, but I know he'll love it! I did go with the traditional wood for our 5th and get him a piece of art mounted on old Cyprus wood that he has really enjoyed.

It depends on his likes. My husband is a musician and I've done everything from surprise him with an automatic string winder (cheap but he loved it) to a brand new, rare guitar he had been looking for for over 15 years but had been unable to find (not cheap and he REALLY loved it LOL).

We just had our tenth last month so congrats to you both! My hubby is very much into football so I got him a cover for our grill with his favorite football team logo on it. He went nuts and loved it. If he's into sports you could try one of the football, baseball, hockey or whatever websites and see what kind of stuff they have for sale.

Time together is best - whatever you can swing - a date night, weekend etc. One thing we did for our 5th was a date night - walk down memory lane... I told him we were going out, but didn't say where. We went to a bar we used to play darts at for a drink and apps, then to a place for dinner where we got engaged, then another place we went to for dessert.... just a fun way to remember the first 10 years... whatever you do - congrats and enjoy!

I made one of these for my hubby for our 10 yr and it turned out so good! I chose the hardback version. http://www.lovebookonline.com Just so you know when they print it, they will leave 1 blank page at the beginning and one blank page at the end. I wasn't aware of it, so I put in a blank page at each end and had two blank pages. You don't have to pay for extra pages that you add. I opted for the 1 cent shipping and recieved my book in one week from the day I ordered it. (I live in CO.) Happy Anniversary!!

What is the way your husband shows you love? Typically what he does for you is what he would like to recieve.

One of my husband's favorite gifts was a guitar, and he is the same way.
I think they key is you need to find out who he REALLY is or longs for deep down inside, and apply it to the gift.

1 / 3