Need Help with a Unique 10Th Anniversary Gift for My Husband!!!

My 10th anniversay is on Friday, April 11th (2 days) and I have no idea what to get. We typically don't ever give gifts, but I thought I would on the big 10th. His hobbies are golf!!! playing with the boys and working on projects around the house. He works as an aviation mechanic at Southwest Airlines so he has no desk or office. HELP!

A golf certificate would be nice but, you have probably done this before and this is always nice for Father's Day. My husband and I don't always give gifts either. Plan a nice lunch or dinner out or cook at home and I am thinking something he could keep for years. Like a nice watch or something electronic. Also, think back to music or a movie you loved 10 years ago and get it on DVD now.

N., Men are so simple. You don't have to be creative or spend a lot of money. Just plan an evening or weekend for the two of you away from the kids. As long as there is some you know what involved he'll love it. :) Seriously, just ask him, he'll tell you the same thing. Happy Anniversary!

You might think about getting some photos taken of yourself or your children, dogs, etc. I've also taken a favorite photo of my husband and sent it to have it redone in watercolors. It's not as expensive as it sounds. Guys usually love electronics, if he doesn't have a GPS he might like that. I also have given my husband a new wedding ring with it engraved with something new inside. Titanium is the new metal people are using. You can also give him any gift but make it fun to find. Such as taking a photo of it, glueing it on a piece of cardboard and cutting into puzzle pieces. You can hide the puzzle pieces and let him put it together as he finds the pieces. Sunglasses are also good, just make sure you buy a pair than are polarized to help with glare in the sun. Good Luck!

Here's a scrapbook alternative, if you're not that crafty or don't have that kind of time. You can make a photobook on Shutterfly.com. You choose the size book you want, binding, and layout themes, page backgrounds, then upload pictures to be printed in it. You can also caption the pictures in a variety of fonts. It comes out looking like a professional cofee table book, with the glossy book pages. I know other companies make them too, but I only have experience with shitterfly. I made one for my dad, and I spent probably three hours from beginning to end uploading pictures, choosing themes, layouts, etc. and adding captions - but I am also a bit of a perfectionist, so it might not take you as long!

My Husband is very hard to buy gifts for, but I did get him a gift that he said was the best gift he has ever gotten.
I found a picture of my husband as a child with his Dad and then I found a picture of my husband with his boys, then I called my mom so she could work her magic!. She combined the pictures together and it turned out WONDERFUL! Her contact info is Brigitte Kiba- ###-###-####, She is a professional photograher and is wonderful!!!! Since you don't have much time this might be a thought for a Father's Day gift.
Another thought is a round of golf at a country club for him and three buddies. Or, I did this one year for I think our 5 year anniversary, I wrote a poem about the day we met and our wedding day and then put it on manly paper and framed it. It was a special gift because I put time and effort and thought into it.It was very meaningful,and we reminissed about those days. I hope some of these are helpful! Good Luck

At the DFW International airport, there's a great golf course called Bear Creek. Go and get gift certificates (may be able to online) for 2 green fees - him and a golf buddy - and a cart. Or maybe just one green fee and a cart and you can go and be his cart driver : )

There are less expensive nice courses all around, but Bear Creek would be an extravagance

Blessings and
Happy 10th Anniversary!
My husband and I celebrate 40 years this June : )

I think actions speak louder than words or things... You know if your man likes to eat out or in and what he enjoys about you, so exploit it. Do things you know he just really loves no matter how simple (like high heels) or complicated (role play). It is one night to show your gratitude for the love the last ten years has grown to and one night to jump start the next ten years. The gift of altruism is the best gift anyone can give.
And this can be done with or without kids. With kids the evening my start with a little flirting and innocent foreplay like a kiss on the neck and a sly grin. You can even have the kids help make a celebration cake that everyone will enjoy and remember. Tell them how much love you have shared in ten years and funny stories about mommy and daddy. They may not remember the day later but they will remember the love you had for their father and you can share the details of the day with them when they are older.
AS far as a tangible gift, the other moms have said it all. Golf is his pleasure, go with it. You can't go wrong in the fact that it is the thought that counts and you can return almost anything.

Not sur if you know but the traditional gift for the 10th wedding anniversary is gifts made from Tin, so you could try a case of beers, i am sure he would love that. i did a little search and came across two websites that sell jewelry items for the 10th anni. may be worth a look, i have a year too go until my tenth but i have bookmarked the site.

Http://www.pirantin.com
http://www.tingifts.co.uk/category/2_-10th-Wedding-Annive...

cheers

Hi!
Not sure about your budget but a golfing day at Cowboys golf club is like no other! Packages include, cart, fees and food!
Happy 10th!

My husband loves golf but doesn't play in bad weather. He says good things about this indoor golf place in Dallas. It's called Top Golf and it simulates all the major golf courses indoors. Good Luck finding a gift. Congrats!

http://topgolfusa.com/locations/dallas/aboutus/facilities...

1 / 3