Would Taking Another Home Pregnancy Test Do Any Good?

I know I'm only 11 days past ovulation but I have reason to believe I could be pregnant. I had intercourse the day before I ovulated and last night it dawned on me that I'm not having my normal pre-menstrual symptoms. (No breakout, no cramping, no excessive crying; I just overall don't feel my period coming.) I took a home pregnancy test right away and it was negative. I expected that though bc I know it's still a bit early to know.

However, today I had a spotting. At first I thought that meant I was going to start my period, or at least have more spotting. (I even had my hubby bring me a tampon to my office for me!) However, I haven't had ANY more spotting. I read that could mean I was either just spotting before my period, or that it was implantation bleeding. What makes me suspect the latter is the fact that the spotting resembled the description of it exactly.I talked with my S-I-L (mother of 2) and asked her if I tested too soon and when I should take another. She said to wait another few days.

BUT the anxiety is killing me! (She told me to be careful, that I could seriously drive myself crazy thinking about this.) So what do I do in the meantime?! If I took another at home pregnancy test would it be able to detect anything if the spotting earlier was the implantation? I don't want to waste the tests though. (They were kind expensive for something you piss on.) What about a blood test? How early can I go in for a blood test? I feel like since I still have a few days before my period it's still too early to do that. Plus I near about have a panic attack any time I have to have blood work done, so I'm hesitant to go in for one with only a hunch to justify it...I've never been pregnant before, nor have I ever truly suspected I was pregnant so I'm a bit anxious.

I started my period this morning, complete with cramps.

Thank you all for your kind words.

the hormone that it detects takes a little while after implantation to show up. So I would just wait a little while longer. But I also did have implantation bleeding just like you did. So you could very well be pregnant.

I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but every body is different. That said, I am now 14 days past ovulations (dpo). At 11 dpo, I got a very clear positive home pregnant test and it has gotten stronger/darker (the line) over the last few days. So if you want to test - test. What can it hurt? I would get First Response Gold Digital. It is super sensitive and it gives you a very clear "yes+" or "no-", so you aren't left deciphering whether or not you see a second line. Usually that particular test comes 2 in a box, so you have one for now and one for later. (And you will see lots of other options on the shelves - they aren't as good.) Good luck.

Try taking the test first thing in the morning when you wake up. I went through the same thing with my youngest son and I found out I was pregnant with him at 4 weeks. I took the home test at about 5:30 in the morning and the line was a bit faint but it was definitely positive. So if you are pregnant it will show up, but the best time to do the test is first thing in the morning, your hcg levels will be higher then.

If you in fact experienced implantation bleeding it means that the egg may have taken a little longer than usual to burrow into the lining of your uterus. You may not show a positive result until a few days after your period is due. Or maybe your period is just a little irregular this month. Calm yourself and try not to think abut for a few more days. I agree with your SIL - you're just going to drive yourself crazy.

I was never able to wait either! The other poster was right about Dollar Tree. I used those with both of my last 2 pregnancies and they work just fine! They also have them at Dollar General.
Try to relax and wait it out. Treat yourself like you are pregnant until you know. Take prenatal vitamins, relax, don't stress, and eat healthy. Good luck!

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure that implantation bleeding happens at the end of implantation. With my last pregnancy, I had spotting on Wednesday night (8 DPO)and got a positive test on Saturday morning (11 DPO). The spotting was just a teeny bit of pinkish mucus. From what I understand, a blood test should be positive fairly quickly after implantation occurs.

Best wishes to you!!!!

if it was positive, I would say another test probably isn't necessary, but if it was negative, you should take another one. You can test too early though, and your HCG levels haven't gone crazy yet...so try again in a few days. If it negative, you are probably just stressing yourself out and not getting your period.
Blood work is the only true way to get an early confirmation.

I was told by a friend who actually called one of the companies said it usually will not show unless you are 18 days past conception. As for the blood test I was told i wasn't pregnant and was actually around 3 weeks pregnant and needless to say never went back to that primary care physicians office for anything. They assured me repeatedly to go enjoy my girls weekend out of town and that i could drink because i wasn't pregnant. When I came home I took another one for the hell of it and it was positive, so give it another week. By the way the dollar store sells pregnancy test and they work fine, especially if you using them a lot to check. Good Luck

Try to relax. Your SIL is so right, you will drive yourself crazy thinking about this ALL OF THE TIME.
Wait until you are about two days late to take another pregnacy test.

I just found out that I was pregnant two days ago. = ) I already have 3 kids and we have been wanting one more.

I have always spent a bunch of $ on those test from Wal-Mart and Walgreens and then I saw the other day here on mamapedia that one mama was telling another mama to get tests at the dollar tree for $1.00.
Well I did it, and I waited until I was two days late and I took that $1.00 preg. test and it worked real fast and it was postitive. It was as good as the ones that cost $10.00.

I hope that you get what you want.
I wish you the best.
God bless.

1 / 3