Where Can I Find Girls Bedding in the Houston Area?

I am looking for bedding for my 4 year old and I am thought I would pose this question to all the moms out there...where can I find cute and affordable (not cheap looking) bedding for her? As, I have been looking at some stores I am finding bedding is quite the investment when you start putting pieces together. I do not have a theme and I will probably use this bedding for many years to come so it will need to grow with her but not put her into a particular theme but am willing to hear ideas. We spent a little more on her mattress since we figure she will have her mattress for many years to come. Her furniture is cherry in color. I have looked at Pottery Barn kids (I like the Amelia collection), Macy's, Target and Baby's First Furniture to name a few. I have also looked on-line but not finding anything that catches my eye.
We live near the Galleria but willing to venture out in different areas of Houston. Thanks for all your ideas in advance.

I found this site
http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/bedding.html
and I get catalogs from this site, hope this helps!
http://www.landofnod.com/spill.aspx?c=41&pc=5
I'm also shopping for bedding for my 3 year old daughter if you find a great site or store let me know!

Try Anna's linens. There is a store in the parking lot of the Fiesta near the Astrodome (main at OST). Here is a link to the website...

http://www.annaslinens.com/

For something that will grow, it's nice to pick a few colors that coordinate and build from there....

Good luck and have fun!

What about Ikea? : )

http://www.annaslinens.com/

Good luck and have fun!

There are not really that many places to get good childrens bedding that is not cheap in quality and looks. You have already looked at the places I would suggest but have you tried Bed Bath & Beyond. They usually have nice sets and also have name brands. Good Luck.

In the interest of full disclosure, I work for IKEA. They have some great textiles and do a lot to ensure the safety of all of their products--especially children's products.

The curtains are also much longer than what you get in most places and you can use the extra fabric to make matching pillows, cover a stool, etc.

Think about picking a pattern for accent and doing a base pallete of solids. You can add lots of throw pillows and big cushions for floor seating. You can easily change up the look without getting locked into a theme.

They also have some great accessories...net canopies, interesting toy storage.

I've used white/off-white base and added color in my drapes, walls, pillows, art...and I can just bleach the heck out of something if it gets dirty.

since you live in the Galleria area, try Rice Village. Or there are a whole bunch of great kids resale shops in the area. ( off of Memorial by Second Baptist- and KIncaid School).
They are hole in the wall shops in strip centers.

Have you thought about making it yourself? If you know how to sew you can buy the material to make her curtains, a bedspread or comforter, and bed skirt. Then you could just buy matching sheets and pillow cases. If you are looking for quality it is often much less expensive to make it yourself.
As for a theme, I don't have much advice there as I have a son. A friend of mind did her daughter's room in pastel colors so that she could change them up...different sheets or curtains whenever the mood struck. The only thing that stayed the same for several years was the bedspread. It had a gentle swirl of pastels on it and was very pretty.

If you really like the pottery barn collection try looking on ebay!

This isn't in the Houston area but if you can find a Pottery Barn Outlet store (the one in San Marcos is good) you can find their bedding at really reduced prices. I found my daughters bedding there , it was originally priced at 130$ and we bought it for 30$. You have less to choose from, but the prices are good.

1 / 3