What to Buy for 50Th Anniversary

My in-laws are having their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend and I have no idea what to give them. Any suggestions? Any price range is fine.

I have an embroidery business and some really great guest towels and linens. A monogrammed item is a great personal gift. If you are interested, email me at ____@____.com

You didn't menton if there are other siblings who would be willing to go in together on a trip/gift. Assuming not and you can afford it....

A bed & Breakfast weekend somewhere they've talked about visiting or place that you think would interest them.

If they like plays or musicals/concerts, season tickets to your local theatre or concert hall.

IF you have siblings to work with..... a cruise? Trip somewhere a little nicer. Orlando, NYC, Wa DC, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago.

Your time for the decision making is short so I hope these helped spur your imagination.

What do they like? A scrapbook of 50 years worth of memories may mean more to them than anything really expensive. What about a trip/cruise somewhere(or even a one night get away w/ dinner)? Or a donation to a charity or church that they care about in their honor?

I prefer gifts that the couple can use or go do opposed to stuff to sit around. After 50 years, they probably have plenty of stuff. Anyways, maybe someplace they love to go - get them a certificate for a weekend away. Or if there was a restaurant they have been to and loved, but don't go because of price or because its out of town, treat them to that. Good luck! And Congrats to them!

P.,
what about a weekend yard cleaning/house cleaning get together and top that off with a cook out or bbq?

I know my grand parents were given so many geegaws they had NO space for. My Mamaw packed them all up and there the geegaws stayed... wrapped and not enjoyed.

I know my grandparents enjoyed it best when my dad and Uncles would come and do major repairs and things their health would not allow for.

another thought would be a nice gift card to their favorite restaurant.

What about a weekend trip to Warm Springs Georgia and a tour of the Little Whhite House and the Roosevelt Institute.

Callaway gardens is close by there as well... about 12 miles away.

Savannah, Georgia would be a great place to send them for a weekend away.

I would do something other than another geegaw...

Hope this helps,

Barbara
deaffmommie

I like the video idea have seen it those are great and another idea not sure if they are on set income but gift certificates to a place they like to go for dinner (lame but my parents liked not cooking after years of doing so for us kids and they made it to 50 yrs).

I don't know what your time frame is, but we made a video for my grandparent's 50th. We had pictures through the years of each growing up, (my great-uncle told the story in the background)then when they met, had mom, grandchildren. All the while music was playing. We also had little video clips of family members telling funny stories.

Another idea that I did for my dad's 60th birthday was to ask every friend, coworker and family member, even neighbors to write him a letter...telling stories about dad and funny memories, even sending old pics, and I put them together in a beautiful album with his family and wife's letters at the end.

Also, if you could get a pic of their wedding cake, I'd bring a pic to a good bakery and see if they could make it exactly the same and have that at the party!

I'm a little sappy about stuff like this, hope it helps. Good luck!

My brothers and I contacted friends and family, and sent them stationery on which to record their favorite memories of my parents, which we compiled into a scrapbook we presented to them at a reception with everyone in attendance. It turned out beautifully! People contributed stories of being with my parents when they first met and remembering their first impressions of each other (somehow they both knew). They also included photographs of happy times together, as well as wishes for their continued happiness. We all still enjoy looking at the scrapbook and learning things we never knew about our parents. My parents loved the gift and the reception!

1 / 3