What Did You Have for Lunch Today?

Looking for lunch ideas. For some reason I am blocked on lunch ideas. I can come up with Breakfast and dinner ideas all day long. But lunch, I'm programed to think Taco Bell or Jack in the Box. Looking for quick and easy, healthy, budget friendly lunch ideas while at work. Things I can buy and have on hand so I don't end up at the drive thru.

We had Subway at Walmart only because my tire had to be replaced or repaired we were there for 3 freakin hrs.

Wendy's. I didn't have any bread to make a sandwich. :(

I had smoked turkey breast (straight from the smoker) and broccoli.

Are you looking for quick and easy lunch ideas? Healthy? Fast food?

Added: The thing I do most often is on the day I go grocery shopping, I buy a bag of lettuce or spinach, come home and separate it into small bags (like sandwich bags) with carrots, chopped meat and whatever else and then put it in the fridge. Then when lunch rolls around, I grab one out, stick it in a bowl, add croutons and dressing and viola! I have a quick and healthy meal.

Just as a side note, each bag is slightly different so I have some variety. It only takes about 30 minutes to get all the bags made up and saves me tons of time in the long run.

Frozen pizza for the kiddos, salad with nuts and crutons for me. Ranch dressing!!....dinner on the other hand..blah!

We had mac and cheese, hot dogs, apples, and green beans. Some of our favorites are goulash, spaghetti left over from supper, toasted cheese and tomato soup, peanut butter and jelly, egg salad sandwiches, sloppy joes, and nachos.

I often do leftovers for lunch. Today I had Mtuzi wa samki, a Kenyan style fish dish, wild rice, and green beans (leftovers from what I cooked last night).
Often, I have sandwiches but switch it up. Instead of ordering lunch meat by the pound and hating it before I'm done, I order by slices so I have a couple different sandwiches during the week and it's not boring that way. If you're at work and can't cook a sandwich on the stove (for the grilled ones), you could just put the stuff together and microwave to warm/melt the cheese and it works. In my weekly menu, I'll plan to serve (examples) reuben sandwiches (pumpernickle, corned beef, swiss cheese, saurkraut--cooked like a grilled cheese), or cucumber feta sandwiches (toast wheat bread, a little mayo, slice feta and cucumbers: not heavy but filling), any combination of lunch meat (whatever is on sale that week, with spinach leaves and tomato slices), or grilled cheddar-feta sandwiches (cheddar cheese, sliced red onion, slice of tomato, feta cheese, cooked like a grilled cheese). A sandwich and a piece of fruit or a little thing of carrot/celery sticks. A seafood salad sandwich on a roll with homemade sweet pickles is awesome, and you can have a little green salad with it. Tomato basil soup (or whatever soup you've cooked and served the night before) is good. I like PBJ and milk sometimes too, lol. Tuna, chicken, or taco salad with an emphasis on the greens is good. (I make my taco salad by just cooking an onion with meat, draining, throwing in a packet of taco seasoning, a can of chili beans, and some drained rotels, then adding it to a full salad of spinach, romaine, carrots, celery, tomato, cucumber, whatever I have, and fresh guacamole, salsa, some cheese, maybe a couple chips).
If making sandwiches though, I like the bread in the toaster before putting on mayo or mustard so it doesn't get soggy. Also, I put the sandwiches in one ziplock container with a lid, and a smaller one for the produce (tomatoes, lettuce, saurkraut, whatever) so it doesn't get the sandwich gross before time to eat it.

OMG I forgot about lunch today... meh.

Usually it's whatever the kids are eating; I make lunches in the morning and make my own at the same time. Sandwiches, lots of sandwiches. I mix up regular sandwich bread with hoagie rolls, pita bread, or flatbread ;)

Cold pizza is great too. I make this amazing veggie pizza that tastes even better cold the next day! So if I make it for dinner, I make double what we eat so we can all have it for lunch :)

We had a Pizza Party at work celebrating the Death of Osama.

1 / 3