What Are Some Home Remedies for a Yeast Infection?

Hi moms this question is about me because I have all the symptoms of a yeast infection and i was wondering if any of you moms have any good home remedies to get rid of one since i cant afford the 13-20 dollars the stores charge for the over the counter solution right now. This is the first time i have ever had a yeast infection so this is not a normal thing for me and i have never used the products before so i dont know if they work anyways. Thanks in advance moms.

Carrie is right on the money! you can also make a douch of apple cider vinegar and water and get it on up there. also look online for home remedies for yeast infections. but the apple cider vinegar really works@ good luck

I don't know a remedy for a yeast infection, but I used to get them quite often and 2 things have helped me avoid them......#1 I ONLY use dove white soap (not pink or with the beads in it), and did not soak in bubble baths or baths at all for that matter. They soon stopped coming. #2 I recently found out that I have a lot of yeast in my stomach which can cause yeast infections. So I have been taking "Yeast Away" to eliminate it and keep it gone. This has drastically helped the digestion of my food.

I hope this helps.

i know it sounds gross, but empty a douche and fill it with plain yogurt, and douche with that!
it really works, i use it everytime i get one and yogurt is cheap!

Apple Cider Vinegar is great. I took a bath in a little mixed with bath water.

Well, I hope that these suggestions are not too common sense and/or graphic/gross. They work for me and my lady friends...and can be used to treat BV as well.

1. Limit your sugar intake. Drink LOTS of water, cranberry juice, less caffeine and no alcohol until symptoms are gone. Remember, yeast is a fungus that needs a specific environment to flourish.

2. Don't have sex until symptoms are cleared up and, in general, make sure both you and partner wash hands thoroughly before and after touching vagina. Remember that your partner can get a yeast infection and, if male, will not have symptoms but will potentially keep reinfecting you.

3. Wear only cotton undies. Breaths better, feels better, doesn't irritate.

4. Get a bottle of Acidophilus (either liquid - which is a lot pricier - or in capsule form.) Take orally and also use as a douche (in the case of liquid) or as a vaginal suppository (with capsule). Repeat often...probably like 3 times a day. This is my favorite remedy. Also, eat lots of plain yogurt.

5. Like the last poster suggested, vinegar (apple cider) in a bath.

6. Good quality, very pure, Lavender extract. Drop a couple of drops into your undies multiple times a day. Smells good, feels refreshing, AND is antibiotic.

7. Eat a TON of raw garlic. You can also put a clove into your vagina (remove after 6 hours and then put in fresh one...same concept as changing tampons). In order to make sure it doesn't get lost, put a tampon string through it.

Well first you want to be sure it is one, some women have some of the symptoms, but it can be other things, meanwhile the problem cant be resolved.

Be sure not to overwash...this is the MOST common reason to get one. Dont use soap, just warm water.

A good quality yogurt with good probiotics, some health food stores have other options like "bubbies" brand saurkraut or "gt's" brand kombucha have good probiotics also. (or just buy a pill form that specifies it is good for 'vaginal flora')

i used to work at a health food store and would hear this alot even though it may sound odd (no subject is too taboo in there when it comes to natural therapies) a tampon dipped in the high probiotic yogurt can get the job done faster.

be sure your husband isnt just passing it back to you also, men can get them too, they just dont have any symptoms and are only carriers.

also, like sam said below, stay clear of sugar and intoxicants, the body needs an alkaline environment to heal properly, yeast thrives in a sugar laden atmosphere

Believe it or not, inserting plain yogurt directly into the vagina can work. Eating it has benefits, too, especially for helping to prevent yeast infections. For more home remedies, check out:

http://hubpages.com/hub/TheCuresInYourKitchen

By the way, the products from the drug store for yeast infections, like Monistat, DO work - and quickly, too. So if you can find a way to swing it, you'll be happy you did.

Eat yogurt. Works every time.

Eat and apply yogurt to the affected area, make sure to not consume much sugar, and try to keep the area dry, which means cotton panties only and no swimming in the pool. You may want to set the blow dryer on cold and dry yourself there. Also, don't have sex until you are cured.

1 / 3