What Age Do Children Start Dance Lessons?

I am seeking some information.
I am wanting to put my daughter in ballet - tap or jazz.
She is now 2.5 years old. I am just curious as to when children are capable of attending dance classes.

Any information would be helpful.

My daughter was 3 when she took a jazz/ballet class. There were some older two's and younger 4's in the group as well.

Natalie I started my little girl when she was 2.5 and she was a little leary at first but after about 2 lessons she loved it. Good Luck I know it's a hard time.

My little girl turned 3 in March & took Discovery Dance (A Step In Time in Mansfield) in June. She loves it!!!

My little girl was 3 when I started we go to Dance Invasion in Arlington off Pleasant Valley off Mayfield. They start them at 2 there and it's a 45min class and they do 20min of ballet, 20min of tap, and remaining time is a little tumbling. They are an awesome group of teachers who you can tell really love what they do.

Not sure where you live, but Dana's Dance studio take 2 1/2 year olds for dance lessons. I tried taking my almost 3 year old, but she cried and said she didn't want to go back. They will give you one free lesson to see if it is something she will enjoy.

My daughter is 2.5 and has been in Dance now for about a month, and loves every minute of it. She has so much fun and really pays attention well. Her teacher is very good about keeping the kids on track. We go to Taylor Dance in McKinney

I started mine when she was 4. I just wanted some more of a maturity level on her so that she would be able to grasp it more.

i put my daughter in ballett when she was 3 at harry stone rec center in dallas. i think 3 is the earliest age but im not 100% sure.

1 / 3