Ways to Naturally Induce Labor to Avoid 2Nd C Section

Im 37 weeks pregnant with my second child and I have a great doctor who will allow me to try for a vbac but I have to go into labor on my own. He will not induce medically. I REALLY dont want to have another c section so does anyone have any natural ways to induce labor that has worked for them so I can avoid the c section. I have 3 weeks left and am not dilated at all yet. Please help!!!

Sex! Walking! Fried Eggplant! My friend drank castrol oil but that also gave her really bad diahheria

I think they say semen is a prostiglandin and induces. Also evening primrose oil orally and vagiinally -- and A LOT OF IT put me into labor.

Please be careful with trying to induce labor after a C-section. There is a reason your doctor won't do it. It's dangerous.

What was the reason for your prior C-section? If it was failure to progress.. you might be in trouble as far as going in to labor early.

I would just wait and see. Honestly.

Well I really like the pedicure idea posted earlier~
I went into labor with each of my 3 children within hours of being intimate with my husband. I think climaxing triggers a release of helpful hormones.

I have heard that there are food that you can eat that will naturally induce labor. I have heard many swear by eggplant parmesan, and I know there is actually a resturant, I believe downtown Chicago, that has a wall of fame for all the prego women who have eaten their eggplant parmesan and gone into labor that night.

There is no calendar in there. Your baby does not know his due date and will come out when good and ready. You may not dilate until the last minute, just be patient. Imagine you will be spending more time pregnant, but less time recovering from major surgery with a 2 year old and a newborn!
My first birth experience was not at all what I wanted, and was utterly determined to have a better one the 2nd time. At 41 weeks I was facing pressure to accept an induction from my husband and my doc, and it was driving me crazy! Finally the contractions started, slow,slow, slow and after 37 hours I delivered a healthy boy without epidural. I was thrilled and am so glad I let my body do what it is designed to do.
Now, I also ate pineapple, brewed tea from raspberry leaves, used my breast pump, had as much sex as my hugely pregnant body would allow, and took walks. (those are the natural induction remedies I recall) I also sat up at night rubbing my belly, having very serious talks with it and the little one that would become my son.
The best possibility to not have another section is to let nature take its course, be patient and trust your body to do it's very powerful job!

Stimulate your nipples and have sex, try and stretch out yourself down their, look up website for natural childbirth with doulas and it will teach you how to do it the correct way first ok, there are tons of thngs like castrol oil the old wives tale etc but for me it was the nipple thing and the stretching.

Hi i have three kids the first two i had to be induced and were four days late my Dr. was going out of town for Thanks giving when my daughter was ready to be born and i did not want a strange Dr. delivering so i tried castor oil a friend of mine gave me that advice i took one shot that morning chased it with oj and went into labor that night after a long day in the bathroom ugh but i got to have my Dr there and no complications it worked for my friend as well good luck

Good for your for trying for the vbac. I had 2 successful vbac's and the recovery time after a vaginal delivery is just a fraction of the time.

Just keep moving, walking, stretching and having sex. The fitness will help you in delivery as well. Good luck.

1 / 3