Washing Dish Towels with Bath Towels?

Out of curoisity, do you wash dish towels with bath towels? My husband and I disagree with this. I know they all supposedly come out clean in the end, but I don't want random hairs on my dish cloths. What's your protocol? Not a life and death question by any means, but just curious ;) Thanks!

Wash them together on hot. Don't waste time, water, and detergent doing separate loads. Washing and drying removes all the "yucky" stuff, it doesn't just move it around from one towel to another.

I wash them together, always have. I've never found hair on my dish towels or food on my bath towels.

I wash all the towels together. It just seems completely wasteful to do it separately. And if you wash them on hot AND with pinesol they're completely disinfected.. and ALWAYS put them in the dryer or else there may be some stuff on them.

Towels are towels.
They go in together on HOT.
Sorry.

And you don't think some of the things your kitchen towels seem are yucky? Just asking.

I wash them together, but it's funny, when I read your question, I would have thought you'd be worried about all the yucky cleaning stuff on your bath towels, not the other way around! So yeah, dirt is dirt, and they call come out clean.

Couldn't you just pick a hair off if you found one? What do you wash your underwear with -- considering what they touch and what could come off on other things?

so funny you asked this. i used to separate eeeeeverything, i was obsessive about it...dark clothes, light clothes, red clothes, hubbys socks, underwear, his clothes, my own clothes, floor towels, hand towels, bath towels, bedding, and certainly the babys stuff, each had separate loads. i dont even use dish towels, i think theyre gross, no offense, i invest a small fortune in paper towels.... now, i have 3 kids, 4 if you include hubby :) and my laundry has taken on a life of its own. i throw absolutely everything in together except for new darks/reds and hubbys socks and underwear. i wash on hot and rewash some loads if they seem like i should. i could easily do 2 loads a day every day and not be caught up ever. i dont even buy things that need to be ironed, and very rarely buy anything that cant be thrown in the dryer if i can possibly help it. im sitting amongst 4 loads folded all over my couch right now...sigh....

a towel is a towel wash them together saves time and money

Apparently it's you and me against the world! I do not wash them together, not because of the hair (although now it'll bug me) but because we use rags instead of papertowels and the thought of any grease or oil getting on my bath towels grosses me out.

1 / 3