Cleaning the Floor with the Dishes Towel, Is It Ok?

Would you be gross out by this:
My mother in law drop a lot of water in the kitchen floor when she watered her plant in the kitchen (again!), she used the towel that we use to dry dishes and step on it to clean some of the water, I had to go for the mop to finish the job, the floors were not disgusting dirty but not clean either, we cleaned them 2 days ago.
I will be washing the towel but I am gross out to use it again for the dishes, would you use it again?

You know, I heard you , I understand the logic behind it, but still can't use it again, I just can't. Cleaning the floor with it was already much for me but also step on it, I think I my mouth dropped open =^O
Then again, I do wash socks separate of the rest of the clothes because I think is yuke to wash them with the rest of clothes (specially underwear), and I clean the washer after I wash the socks too, so maybe I am a little germ phobic, lol.
*What I use to dry the floors is not one of those mops that has the strings, I can wash mine in the laundry, I wash them with the socks too. Is just the fact of using something on the dishes that have being not only used for the floor but also step on, I guess is just me, but I think I rather buy a new towel for the dishes and just kept that one for the floor.

Juliette- I didn't call "ridiculous" to people that would use it again, so why you feel the need to call me ridiculous because I do, do you think you can post an idea without adding mean adjectives?

I would use it again after I washed it in the laundry. Once you wash it.... it's clean.
I wouldn't re-use it on anything after using it on the floor until it was washed.

Yes, I would use it again. I have spilled water on the floor and used a dish towel to wipe it up and then washed it. As long as it's washed first before using it on dishes again, I dont see the big deal.

I would use it for dishes after I washed it.... but I also bleach all my dishtowels every wash so I don't thing much yucky stuff is still in there... if any...

Another vote for using it again, but only after it's washed.

i would, once i washed it.

Nope, once used on the floor it goes in my laundry basket to be cleaned.

How can so many people, presumably with children, be grossed out by this? With all the peeing, puking, booger-eating, drink spilling, filthy fingernails of childhood...the use of a dishtowel on the floor of a first-world home to clean up water is "gross"? wash the damn thing! I can assure you the floor cooties will spare your life and the lives of those lil poop factories we dote on so....

I have a couple of the synthetic super absorbant towels from the dollar store that are kept in the kitchen and those are for floor spills. Sometimes I use an old sponge and then toss it out. My kids are 5 and 2 so we have a lot of spills. I never feel like the floor is all that clean (I struggle to keep up with the housekeeping anyway).

If the towel is washed in hot water it probably okay to use again. But my preference is to keep things that go on the floor separate. My house isn't extra clean but I do like to keep separate categories like bath and kitchen towels.

1 / 3