Tubes Tied and Pregnancy (?)

I have 3 babies and I am looking for the most permanent solution to not getting pregnant again. My husband is considering a vasectomy, but not sure yet....

My doc recommended a tubal ligation based on my medical condition (type 1 diabetes- insulin pump dep). Here's my question....

Have you or anyone you know gotten pregnant even though you've had your tubes tied? If so, what happens? Can you go thru with the pregnancy? Do they HAVE to remove the embryo? What are the odds?

Any info or direction of where to get info is appreciated...

I haven't had this happen but I have had a family member go through this. I don't know all the details but I do know that she had her tubes tied and then became pregnant with her 3rd son. She had a healthy baby boy with no problems. Sorry I don't know all of the details but I do know that it can happen.

My mom got pregnant with my brother after having her tubes cut, burned and tied so it could possible to get pregnant. My mom had alot of health problems but my brother was healthy and nothing happend due to her tubes being tied.

I have heard a lot of things concerning getting pregnant after taking permanent measures initially in preventing that from happening.

Honestly the best close to 100% way to permanently prevent pregnancy is for both partners to go under the knife.

A friend of mine is 25 y o SAHM she has 5 kids rangling in age from 12 to under a year. Her amd her hubby are SUPER fertile people. He now has a vasectomy and she had her tubes tied and burned!

I have in fact heard horror stories of the vas deferens growing back, and women getting pregnant although they have their tubes tied. Its very rare though.

But if it was me both my husband and I need to both get surgically sterilized, just to be SUPER sure.

JMO

After our second child, I had my tubes tied. I had a c-section so it was easier for me to have it done at that time. I can tell you that my periods are terrible (and this from a woman who has suffered through ovarian cysts AND endometriosis). I don't know for sure that it's from the tubal, but I didn't have these problems after my first c-section. If anything, my periods were really easy after he was born. Now, I get terrible migraines for nearly an entire week (I used to get them while on birth control anyway though) and the cramping is so bad that it makes me feel sick to my stomach. if your hubby can (and will) get the V, I'd go that route.

im not too sure about a tubal litigation.A friend of min had it done and her periods were excrutiatingly painful ever sinc.I considered doing it but when i had my c section at a catholic hospital,they do not allow the doctors do it there.I have 4 children,and my husband willingly went through a vasectomy.he says themost uncomfortable part was when they applied a local.after that it was over in 30 minutes.(we waited in the waiting room)we resume"normal activities in a week.)It is much less invasive then you having your tubes tied ad lets face it,youve been through birth 3 times,time fr hubby to tak one for the team!!(ha ha )good luck

My plan is to have my tubes tied as well after the birth of our second child in February. But, my sister had her tubes tied as well and she had a tubal pregnancy 2 years later. She began having severe abdominal pains and went to the er and found out that her tube had actually ruptured. Of course, they could not save the baby, but also, she was not trying to become pregnant. I know a lot of people, including my mom, who have their tubes tied and no problems. There's always that slim chance of some kind of complications with any procedure.

Congrats on your 3 babies! I also have 3 (12,10,8). First let me say that your husband should not have a vasectomy. Upon our research looking into it we found that it will diminish the man's testosterone levels. We want our hubbies to stay as manly as possible! :) Having your tubes tied is the most logical and easiest for both you and your husband. It will not affect your hormone levels. I had my tubes tied 3 months after my last was born. There were no complications then or now. I hope all works out well for you.

Hi M....getting your tubes tied is the best permanent solution, and the chances of getting pregnant are slim to none, however...my mother had her tubes tied and still got pregnant. The baby developed in the tube and she had to have an abortion. At that time, about 14 years ago, doctors said there was no chance of survival for either of them, so abortion was the only choice. I don't know what, if anything, has changed in the medical world since then, but keep in mind...she was also that .001 percent. Overall, it is a good choice and most women have no problems at all. Just discuss it with your doctor and do your research. Good Luck!

Have your husband get a vasectomy!! The recovery time is one afternoon nap and no bike riding for a week. It's his turn!

1 / 3