Transverse Baby

I am tring to find out the risks of them turning the baby at 36 weeks and I want to know the truth on the pain involved. Im very scared this baby is not going to turn and Im terrified of a C-section.

Well after many of your responses I have decided to go see a chriopractor tomarrow to try this websters technique. My next ultra sound is scheduled for Ocotber 22nd at 815am then I go see my doctor 2 days later on October 24th at 1pm to decided whether or not to do the turning of the baby or a c/s but Im hoping and praying that this websters technique works. I can definetly tell hes laying trasverse Im never comfortable and very tired all the time. There is no room for me to move I cant imagine what this little guy is dealing with inside. At this point I cant even get a nights rest becuase Im always up in pain becuase hes laying on my nerves that run to my legs and my hips hurt so bad due to the way hes laying. I was never uncomfortable like this with my other two but this one has been rotten since the day I got pregnant :) Im so anxious to see him and hold him I really cant wait. Thank You all for your responses I will keep you up to date on how things go. If you have any more advice keep it coming please. Thanks again.

***NEW UPDATE***
Well I went to the chiroptactor 2 different times to have the Websters Technique done and went to my ultrasound today Ocotber 22nd and the baby did a nose dive and his finally head down. Im so happy and so excited that he finally went head down and I dont have to have a c-section. I dont know if it was the Websters Technique that worked or not but something made him turn. It also couldve been the prayers Im not sure but whatever it was it worked praise God. Thank You all for your advice and help.

The baby can change position at the last minute, while you're in labor. I would not let them schedule a c-section before you go into labor... if you want to avoid a c-section.

I haven't been through it, but here's a lot of info including what you can do at home:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&a...
And keep in mind that if it turns breech, vaginal delivery is still an option! Especially when you've already birthed 2:) Good Luck!!

A., i have NOT read any other responses you got, so i have no idea if any are like what i am about to tell you. and if not, you might think i am absolutely crazy.

i was preg with my #4 baby and he was a BIG boy!! TWO weeks before i was due he turned breach. i was almost at the panic stage. horrified of a c-section was such an understatement!! dr's said with as big as he was, there was no way he'd turn, he was pretty well packed in there. but then i was watching some preg/baby show, and it showed a doula using a big wedge pillow for just that. they had the mommy lay in the upside down position on the wedge. well i didn't have a wedge, and as ridiculous as it sounds, being desparate, i put a comfy pillow in a corner, and stood on my head!! LOL LOL i did this repeately. let me tell you, it is a little hard to breath! LOL and awkward...oh my gosh! LOL..but hey! it worked!!!! he turned!! the dr's were shocked!! i delivered a 9lb 5 1/2 oz baby boy 2 weeks after i started this!! maybe a coincidence?? who knows! but with how freaked out about a c-section that i was, i was willing to try anything!! LOL

anyway, hope you find something that works for you!! take care, good luck and best wishes!!

Both my children were breech but I didn't know with the 1st until my water broke, so turning wasn't an option. With my second, I asked my doctor about the possibility of turning even though I wasn't really interested. I was too afraid. I had heard from people that their experiences were very painful and there are risks involved. My personal doctor said she would try if that is what I chose, but she did say I wasn't the best candidate, based on my history, baby size, baby position, the possibility of her turning back, etc. She also said she would do the procedure in the OR in case an emergency c-section was necessary if things didn't go smoothly. So, I would ask your doctor what he/she thinks YOUR success rate would be and go from there. Every situation is different and it is a personal choice. I ended up having two c-sections, which I was very disappointed with, but I had no choice. Whatever you choose good luck. I was scared BOTH times, but you will make it through it.

I highly recommend the chiropractor and the www.spinningbabies.com route. I was pregnant with my twins, both of whom were in weird positions for a long time. Finally, one went head down and the other, we were concerned that one was transverse.

What's really funny is that when I started labor my husband and I went out to lunch for the last time (in a really long time, it turned out! LOL) and the babies totally switched places! It was very quick, like two little seals doing tricks in the water, and it wasn't painful, just weird. After lunch we went home and called the midwife. When she got to the house, she did a vaginal and discovered that the one that we thought might be transverse went head down and the other one was up-and-down - he turned out to be breech, but that was okay, much better than transverse.

All that was to say that the baby has the opportunity to turn RIGHT UP TO THE MOMENT OF BIRTH and don't let your doctor scare you into thinking differently. Try to relax - if you're relaxed, the baby will be and will do what it needs to do to get into position. And if not, well, babies can be delivered in all sorts of positions! Good luck!

I didn't have a chance to read all the responses and I don't really have advice other than to say that if you do need a c-section, don't be scared. It's not that bad. Sure, it hurts to recover, but after only having two c-sections, the thought of a vaginal birth is what terrifies me. I think that delivering a baby is the most amazing and horrifying thing imaginable. Just be reassured that you'll be in a hospital, so no matter what happens there will be experts there to take care of you and to make sure you deliver a healthy baby. Good luck and congratulations!

My son was transverse for the last few months of my pregnancy. (Man, did I get tired of getting kicked in exactly the same place!) We discussed trying to turn him, but we decided not to. I couldn't shake the feeling that since he NEVER turned or switched positions, that there must be some reason for it. As it turned out, there was a reason. My uterus is bicornate - it's shaped like a heart. My son's head was in the left side of heart, and he really couldn't move due to the shape.

So, I had the C-Section. It terrified me, too. But, I came
home with my healthy baby in 2 days. I can't say I recovered as quickly as natural birth, but I can't complain either. A friend broke her tail bone during natural child birth. My mother suffered a rip from her vagina to her anus. Another friend had labor for several days before they had to have a C-section. And so on. There are pros and cons to every procedure.

Please contact me if you'd like to talk about it!

P.

My third son was transverse until week 38. They were starting to schedule me for an appt. to turn him. He turned all by himself the following week.

I did ask my friend, who's now in charge of the entire labor and delivery floor at a hospital, to tell me the truth about how much external rotation was going to hurt. The doctor had told me that it was going to be "very uncomfortable". My friend said...that doesn't even describe it. It hurts. Just practice your labor breathing and it will be over before you know it. So, I never had to have it done but, that was her advice. Just practice your Lamaze breathing (or whatever method you are going to be using) and it will be fine.

Hopefully, your sweet baby will decide to turn on his/her own! I ended up having a C-section anyway cuz the cord was wrapped around his foot which caused complications in labor. It really wasn't that bad. The recovery is longer but, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be.

Good luck and just remember...no matter what you have to do to get him/her out...it will be SOOOO worth it when you see and hold that precious new life!!!

Well there are certain positions that you can deliver breech, for example frank breech. I recommend getting in touch with Henci Goer, Ina May or Pam England concerning this issue. If your OB is telling you that breech= c/s, your OB is not giving ALL the information. Remember OBs are surgeons. I would be happy to help you get in touch with one of these women. Henci Goer has a website and forum where you can go. Email me if you need any help! ____@____.com

1 / 3