Toddler Wetting Bed

My son is 3 1/2 .He is great about the potty during the day and he used to never wet the bed.Now he has wet the bed the last 3 days in a row.What causes this ad what can I do? I don't want him to get comfortable wearing diapers and peeing in them at night again, any advice???

Sometimes it happens. Either get used to washing sheets everyday, or put night time pants on him. He is only 3 1/2. My 5 1/2 year old still wets the bed sometimes. (usually when I do not have a diaper on him) I wet the bed until I was 9.
C. J

I could kick myself for not remembering exactly what I have heard, but you can google bedwetting and see what pops up. One of my sons did this too and it didn't last long. I have heard that it can be caused from a blatter infection, constipation and bad dreams. Also, you could stop giving him drinks by 7:00

My son is almost 4 and he still does this every now and then. It is usually when we get off schedule, let him drink too much before bedtime or forget to make him 'empty' before bed. I don't think you should put him in pull ups unless he has a serious problem. You want him to be uncomfortable when it happens. I have a waterproof pad under his sheet with another sheet under it (don't have to totally remake the bed when it happens). Good luck!

Well, I have a 6 year old that is still wearing pull ups at night. Take it from me....this is NOT A BIG DEAL. My 4 year old has no problems at night at all. Your son is obviously sleeping REALLY hard and can't get the cues from his body when he's tired. This may seem like a tragedy right now, but the more of a big deal you make it, he will be ashamed. So, my advice....get some pull ups and he will grow out of this!!

SAHM of 4 boys.

Hi A..
Make sure that he does not have anything to drink at least a couple of hours before going to bed and then make sure he uses the restroom right before bed.
If he does not go, then you may have to get him up during the night and taking him to use the restroom. We do this with my 2 1/2 yr old and it works really well.

No liquids, ice cream or popsicle too close to bed time. and He may be having scary dreams. Buy some puddle pads(around the adult diaper section) and put one under him so he doesn't have to wear a diaper, you don't want to start that again. All kids have accidents. This is just a phase. If it seems to be more than that, talk to your pediatrician.

Is his room to cold. They tend to be lazy to get out of bed to potty. Make sure the potty area is lit up for them to see. Apriase them.

Monitor what he drinks, sodas, high sugar juices all make me have to go more than normal. Prehaps stop the liquids at an early time. Also I think it is 5 yrs of age that the bladder is actually fully developed so accidents might occur but three nights in a row dosent seem like an accident. Prehaps he is playing too hard in on these fun summer days and is too tired?? Best of luck to you.

Make sure you have a mattress protector and plenty of extra sheets and blankets to transition to easily during the night. My son would change clothes and then sleep on the floor until I could change his sheets. That was his own doing and was fine with me.

1 / 3