Suggestions for Flotation/safety Device for Swimming Pool for 1-1/2 Year Old

I have 4-1/2 year old daugther who swims competently, and a 1-1/2 year old son who is fearless of the water but cannot swim. Any suggestions on water safety/flotation devices for my 1-1/2 year old?

I have used those floating swimsuits and life jackets when my twins were young and non swimming. The life jackets for little ones even have little handles you can scoop them up with! LOL

We have a pool and purchased our daughter a swim sweater from Target last summer. It is made by SwimWays. It is a shirt with a innertube around the middle. It is part of their line that helps children learn how to swim. I would highly reccomend it. Good luck!

i got my girls who are 4 and 5 a duck suitn it is like a life jaket only it looks like it has flotys and it wraps around the waist they olso have a frog you get it at walmart for like 12 bucks i think and my kids jump in the pool and every thing with theres on you can find it in the fishing area

My advice for the 1 1/2-year-old is to NEVER consider any safety device (vest, floatie, etc.) so safe you don't need to be right there. Especially that he's fearless -- kids don't make the best decisions sometimes... Anyway, I'd look into swim lessons for him.

my daughter is about 20 months old and is also fearless of the water. we just got a swimways power swimmer
(http://www.target.com/Swimways-Power-Swimr/dp/B000N9B3OA/...)
from target and used arm swimmers with it. she loved it and could move around and play with her older cousins.

the duck arm floatie/waist band thing is actually in the boating/life jacket section at walmart--we used one with our daughter last year (she was 18mo) and it was awesome!

Google swim ways. They are great!

This site talks about swimming safety for toddlers. Here's the link. http://www.little-safe-one.com/child-pool-safety.html

I think a lightweight life jacket is a good idea for both of your kids. Just make sure it is U.S. Coast Guard Approved. That way, you can be rest assured that your child will float in the water. I think USCGA Type 1 is best. It is designed to turn most people who are unconscious in the water from the face-down position to an upright and slightly backward position.

I hope this helps.

1 / 3