Spanish Immersion Preschools/Kindergarten in Minneapolis/St. Paul

Looking for Spanish Immersion preschools and then kindergarten classrooms in the Twin Cities. There seem to be so many options I am not sure where to begin! Any help is greatly appreciated.

My friend had children at Adam's Spanish Immersion in St. Paul and loves it.

Hi, I just did a similar search for my grandson who is entering K this fall. Start by researching here:
http://education.state.mn.us
This web-site is about the Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)- School Performance.
His mother had a school lined up, but, after studying the numbers decided the school she had chosen was the worst possible school in the area for him.
Research pays off! Good luck!

There is a spanish immersion preschool at Joyce church in Uptown, and then there is the spanish immersion program at Emerson, which is a Minneapolis public school.

My daughter just finished kindergarten at Richfield Dual Language School and we think it's terrific. It's a little different than some Spanish immersion programs in that half of the kids are native Spanish speakers and half are native English speakers, which works out well because the kids get to practice with each other. Kindergarten and First Grade are 90% in Spanish, and then the English increases each year until 5th grade when it's 50/50 (currently 5th grade is the last year of the program, but they're looking at expansion options). I think most Spanish Immersion programs wind up having a waiting list, so you may want to "apply" at several. The other ones I know about are the Minneapolis one the other poster mentioned, and St. Louis Park, Robbinsdale, and Eden Prairie each have one as well. We didn't do Spanish Immersion preschool, so I'm not much help there. Good luck!

I been told, when looking for my son, the minnetonka immersion schools are the best in the state. Also i know that plymouth has immersion schools. Just call your local public school district office and they will let you know. You can also just google minnetonka immersion school and it will pop up

Park Spanish Immersion in St. Louis Park is a really great school. One thing I would recommend researching now is whether the district has a program to continue their language learning beyond the elementary years. I know that St Louis Park had to expand their offerings in the Junior High and High School so kids in the Int'l Baccalareate (college prep program if you're not familiar) program could meet their requirements without sitting through VERY basic Spanish classes.

1 / 3