Sons Birthday on Easter!!

My son is turning 13 so he is mature enough to handle having his Birthday on Easter. At the same time this is new for us. We have never had Easter and his Birthday on the same day (We didn't even know it was possible.) and it won't happen this early again for something like 200 years. So this will be a one and only time. I do have four other kids who are excited for Easter and I would like to make it a special day for all my kids. I don't want Alex to have to give up his Birthday because it falls on a holiday and I don't want my 2,5,7 and 11 year olds to give up easter because it is my sons Birthday. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can make this a special day for everyone and one that my oldest son will remember.

Thank you for all the great advice. I have talked to my son and I let him make the choice. I shared with him all of your great ideas. He wants to have his friend party on Saturday and have his Birthday Dinner Saturday night. We will have Easter morning as usual. With the birthday balloons on his basket. We will go to church and then Have cake and Ice Cream and let him open presents, then spend the rest of the day with Family. He is very excited and happy to celebrate his birthday early.

After reading your great responses I realized that my 2 year old will have the same problem some years, because his birthday is March 30. Also my 7 year olds Birthday is on June 19th so she will have to share Fathers day. My daughters Birthday is a week before Christmas but not on the Holiday. I love all your ideas and now I know what to do when it does happen agian. Thank you!!

My sister in law is also having her birthday on Easter this year. Since there are also nieces and nephews to think about we decided to make it a little extra special for her by having a nice brunch so that we can celibrate her day too.

This has happened to my youngest son a lot. We always have his birthday party the day before Easter. He's so used to it, it doesn't bother him at all. In fact it works well because we usually go to Grandma's for Easter and we have the other cousin's come to the party. At this age, he probably won't remember that his birthday and Easter were on the same day. Good luck!!

My daughters birthday falls on Mothers Day sometimes. So what we do is to set certain times of the day apart from the others. Say we would have a wonderful brunch or dinner for Mothers day, then in the afternoon, have a Birthday party. It seems to work out alright and since the family is together already for one occassion no one misses out. We have done this since her second birhtday.

My daughter’s birthday was on Easter Last Year. She was only turning 2, but the older cousins new it was Easter too. So we did an Easter egg hunt, but they found there party favors too. Everyone had a good time & we just mixed Easter with the Birthday.
My friends have a daughter on Christmas Day & other Friends have on one New Years Eve. They both do the Holiday in the morning and the Birthday in the afternoon. It works well for them, but if he wants parties with friends you will have to do it on a different day... most people already have plans for Easter (and spring break).

Why not make the morning an Easter celebration, maybe with lunch . Then turn over the afternoon to your son's birthday, including dinner and a movie?

I think you are on the right track. It is a special day for all, I pray God will give you the wisdom to know how to make it very special especially for your 13 without taking the Easter story out. God Bless N.

I have a nephew born on Christmas and my daughter's birthday is on Valentines day. I know how hard it is to ballance between a holiday and a birthday. What I do is allow my child to pick when to celebrate. If she wants a slumber party, then we do it on the weekend. Your son is old enough to decide for himself. If he absolutly wants his birthday on that Sunday, then set aside a special time for Easter and a special time for his birthday. My daughter understands that she was born on a special day, and every kid's birthday is special wheither it is on a holiday or not. Ask your son what He wants to do...you may find that he wants to do something that would be better done the day before.

My son's birthday is on the 24th, he will be two and he won't know any different if I celebrated his birthday today! But it hindered my original birthday party plans because his friends and their family's will be celebrating the holiday rather than wanting to come to a birthday party, I don't have any advice, but I wanted to write to let you know I kinda understand your predicament. Good luck

We run into this similar problem with my daughter who is a June baby, every so many years her birthday falls on fathers day. On those years I usually have a party for her the Saturday before....then she has a day all to herself and my husband can still be appreciated on his special day. I don't know if this suggestion will help, but 13 is like coming of age.

My 5 yo's birthday also falls on Easter this year and I have asked what she wants to do. She wants a friend birthday party and a seperate family party so we are doing her friend birthday party a week earlier and then having a huge family easter celebration at our house for her birthday. Being that your son is 13 just ask what he would like to do and I'm sure it will work out for the best. Good luck and happy Easter/birthday!

1 / 3