SAHM Needs to Make Some Extra Money..

Any moms out there have any suggestions on how to make some extra money to help with finances? My husband is trying very hard to do it all himself in order for me to stay home with our daughter, but I really need to do something to help! (my daughter is 23 mos, I have 2 nieces 11 and 7 that my husband and i have full custody of) I stay home with baby and older girls go to school then to the boys and girls club after. :)

Do you have a talent? For example, I can sew so I will take in hemming and stuff. A coworker of mine has pretty short legs and will pay 10 dollars a pair of pants for me to hem them. It's crazy easy for me but she doesn't know how. I've also done alterations for prom dresses and stuff.

How old are your kids and what are their schedules? And what is your husband's schedule?

School bus driver
Afternoon child care in your home
Run errands for local people
Dog sit and dog walk during the day for business people
House sit, water plants, take in mail
Drive elderly to doctor appts

take a look at the webpage moneysavingmom.com its got some excellent ideas both for how you can earn a few extra bucks, i.e. as a customer support person in your own home, and also, ideas for saving money via coupons, DIY and cost cutting measures.

Good luck to you and yours.

Not sure how old your children are, or how amenable they would be to the switch. My DS is two and change. I work full time, sometimes I telecommute, sometimes I report to the office. Either way, I have to have DS in childcare because there is no getting work done if he's at home.

F. B.

R.:

You can sell stuff on ebay and craigslist. It's not guaranteed or even stable income but it can help.

Since your daughter is 11? I would get a part time job during school hours to help. Then you can have a somewhat reliable income and hours.

eBay your daughters outgrown shoes & clothing.

Do you sew? $15/pr is the going rate to hem pants here.

Can you clean one house per week?

Can you work two evenings after your husband is home?

Can you do some babysitting?

No knowing your particular skill set--just suggesting stuff anyone can do!

If you have any kids in your neighborhood who go to before and after school programs, maybe you could talk to their parents and offer to watch them. I also have a lot of friends who have been successful at the home type parties...Tastefully Simple, Thirty One Gifts, Pampered Chef. I've even been thinking about doing it on the side seeing the success they have had.

Sewing is a talent.. If you can sew, you could make good money... Costumes for children, hemming...repairs...

Offering after school pick up or driving kids to lessons..

Tutoring...weekend baby sitting..contact a bowling alley or fitness club facility and see if they need part time child care.. Your child could join you..

I was a personal chef/cook for a gentlemen and his daughter.. I prepared the meals in the morning and delivered them to his home each day.. They also left me a list of items they needed from the grocery store.

Times are tough. Seems like this question has been getting asked alot lately. My advice is always to take on an extra kid during the day if you have the means. It can help boost income and your daughter can gain social skills. It's not ideal, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Good Luck!

1 / 3