Permanent Marker on Tv

does neone know how to get permanent marker off a big screen tv. my son got ahold of one and wrote on our tv. ne help would be great. thanks

You may try a couple of things, when we got marker on glass we used rubbing alcohol or also finger nail polish remover. Another great invention is the Mr. Clean magic eraser we used that to get marker off the wall and it didn't take the paint off.

Mr. Clean Magic eraser is a moms best friend gets rid of markers crayons if they can put on something the eraser will take it off

My Daughter did the same thing on her Dora tv, I was a bit upset because she just got it for Christmas and she wrote on it with a marker, put stickers on the screen etc. I used Goof off or Goo Gone too. I used Goof off and It took it off but in the areas where there was writting by the bottoms it erased some of the stuff on the buttons which I didnt want to. Maybe Goo gone will be much better since it is an oil based, I would just becareful and rub on and rub off quickly because it may discolor or eat up some of the plastic.

Rubbing alcohol takes off permanent marker. I would do a small test area first to make sure it doesn't damage the finish of the TV.

Have you tried using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser? That thing takes anything off. Good luck!!

Try WD-40. I heard it works to remove spray paint so maybe it will work on perm. marker too. Worth a try. Good luck.

Have you tried a magic eraser?

I agree w/ the Mr Clean sponge. It gets marker off of walls and hardwood floors I know, but never had to try it on a tv (yet). Is it on the screen or the wood?

my 2yr old nephew wrote all over my computer with a sharpie and i used fingernail polish remover and it worked great!!!!

Use a Q-tip and dip it in some rubbing alcohol to remove permanent marker stains. Did he write "all over" the TV or just a spot? If he wrote all over it, you may need to skip the Q-tip and use a cotton swab to get it all off. But for starters, I would do a test spot with the Q-tip.

Hi R..My only suggestion for the permanant marker would be to get one of those Mr. clean erasers from the store and see if that will work.I have seven kids and i always have them on hand.Sometimes they will work and sometimes they won't but it sure can't hurt!! I know wgat your going through..I have 6 girls that liked to draw on the walls and 1 little[stinker]boy that likes to destroy everything!! Good Luck and God Bless!! L. S

Hi R., My husband works at grainger (its off 210 HWY and 435 by ameristar) they sell graffiti wipes I think they are like $10 or less. We have a picaso in our house and they have came in handy lots of times. My husband would know what the order number is and give you more information. They work awesome on everything they come in a tub and you get 30 wipes and they are premoistened. Where exactly is the permanent marker at ? And also have you tried alcohol you might take a Q-tip so you could go right over the line. Send me a message if you would like more info on the graffiti wipes. W.

Mr Clean Eraser sponge, and a lot of elbow grease. Just barely get an end of it wet and start scrubbing.

hair spray will remove permanent marker. I think it has to be the kind in the aerosol can.

Try the Mr. Clean Magic Erase sponges. Fortunately my daughter doesn't make too many permanent mistakes, but when she does these work wonders.

I have a little experience with permanent marker. Try dabbing some rubbing alcohol on the areas. My son took a blue permanent marker and scribbled on our entire couch,so I looked up what removes permanent marker and found rubbing alcohol. It works great, and my couch is marker free. It works on other surfaces also. Hope it helped.

I once used a permanent marker on a dry erase board. I took the dry erase marker and colored over the permanent marker and wiped it off and it came off. It might work on your tv. Good luck!
--S.

Mr. Clean Eraser may scratch the TV. If you want to use a non-toxic product, I use Sol-U-Mel for everything like permanent marker. It reminds me of that Goo-Gone product, but Sol-U-Mel is NOT dangerous to anyone who gets ahold of it. My son and friends ground in Silly Putty on our suede-like sofa and Sol-U-Mel took it right out without 'the elbow grease' and without leaving any spots! It cleans anything and everything! It's from Melaleuca. Blessings!

www.workathomeunited.com/S.

brake cleaner removes almost any thing from any where. it's pretty harsh stuff though so use it with caution. you can get it from any place that sells automotive parts.

How strange to see this request today; yesterday my 2 year old scribbled in blue crayon all over OUR big screen tv! I almost came here for help but finally got it off with glass cleaner and a LOT of elbow grease. I don't know if that will work on permanent marker but it worked on crayon.

I think hairspray will remove permanent marker.

I have used finger nail polish remover to erase permanent marker marks. The mr clean magic eraser works wonders on crayons and markers but not on the permanent ones. At least for me. My daughter colored on my linoleum floor with my sharpie and it came off where you wouldn't even notice. But I'd be careful with the screen. If it's glass it'd be easier to get off. The older one's with the grooved screens, I don't know how well it'd work. As for the plasma and lcd screens you can't use much on them except the special cleaners.

Have you tried the Magic Eraser? It works on all sorts of stuff.

Actually rubbing alcohol gets permanent marker out quite easily.

Yes... use the Mr Clean Magic eraser! I had permanent market on my tv & it got it off. Works wonders!

I know that hair spray will remove Sharpie's. But I have no idea if it will affect the screen plastic is a good question. . .

Try the brand, Krud Kutter. It is a spray and can be bought at wall mart, in the paint section. Also, use it with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser.