Nursing Bras - San Jose,CA

Updated on May 13, 2008
J.S. asks from San Jose, CA

Does anyone know of a good place to get reasonably priced nursing bras besides Motherhood? I can't seem to find a place that sells them besides boutiques that have them for like $60 each.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar

N.M.

answers from San Francisco on

If you don't mind buying online, try Motherwear.com. They have great nursing clothes and reasonably priced bras too.

Smallavatar

A.W.

answers from San Francisco on

If you're in Santa Cruz, the Lactation Center at Sutter Maternity has a small selection, but they're not expensive and the ones I got were comfortable.

Smallavatar

V.H.

answers from San Francisco on

Walmart has them and they are very reasonably priced!

Smallavatar

B.P.

answers from San Francisco on

Good Sam sells them and helps to fit you for them.

I am finished breastfeeding and have two from GoodSam. If we happen to be the same size, you could have them.

You can email me separately.

Smallavatar

K.L.

answers from San Francisco on

Target has a whole line of maternity/nursing wear - as do most department stores (JCPenny, Mervyns, Macy's, etc) - you just have to ask someone in the lingerie department to point them out to you. They are not always clearly visible, and are usually on one little rack without a sign. I got most of my nursing bras at Motherhood - they seemed to have the largest selection of looks and sizes - I am normally a 36c (both before pregnancy, and now 2 1/2 years after) - during my pregnancy I was a 34 DD, and when my milk came in I was a 34/36 E or F (and I am not a large woman). Motherhood had the most comfortable, and really, I wore those things long after I stopped nursing as they were SO comfortable, and really quite attractive too. I suggest getting 2 or 3 "night time" nursing bras (no underwire, just soft but with enough support to hold in a breast pad, they look like sports bra's almost but are SUPER comfortable" and 2 or 3 day time bra's (ones that have smooth, seamless cups, shaping to the cup itself, and that look pretty!). Its worth spending a little money on them for the comfort, and if you are anything like a lot of moms I know, you will continue to wear those bras even if you are NOT nursing!

Next question: Good Bras for Large Breasted Women, During Pregnancy and Nursing