Nursery Cleaning Products

Does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning products safe to use in the nursery? My daughter's crib gets really dusty but I don't want to use any harsh cleaners on it since she sleeps there and teethes on the bars. We have a humidifier in her room so I know some of the white build-up on the furniture is from the hard water and not all dust. Thanks for any advice!

I converted all my household products because of my son's (now almost 3) safety & asthma/allergies. They are environmentally & health friendly, as well as more cost-efficient since most are concentrated & diluted/mixed w/water for use throughout the house (kitchen, bath, laundry, disinfectant, dusting, even to the industrial strength for my husband's repair shop). If you want more info, let me know. I'm a preferred customer (annual membership similar to Sam's or Costco, $29 for 1st year & $12 each year after that) & do all my shopping online.

Meyers. They have cleaning wipes and a whole line for baby. Using them myself, should be able to find in a health food store or maybe Target

I DO I DO!!!
you're going to love this. it's right what you are looking for!

you can either email me at ____@____.com or
go to my website and request more information and i'll call you
http://Jamieis.stayinhomeandlovinit.com

S.,
Hi there. Good question. It depends on what your view of "safe" is. With society taking a new look at our products and making advancements towards going "Green", different people have different views of what "safe" can mean. I am excited to see that the world is beginning to listen to all of the mothers and others that are demanding "Organic" products that are free of harm to us. I consider "safe" to mean "free of anything that will harm me." If it harms me, then it harms my babies too and I can not allow that.
Method products are some good product. But, not all of the ingredients are Organic. They are actually essential oil based products. Some of the products do contain dies and perfumes, so... you need to ready the lables carefully to any of your products. We use a host of their products and it helps save on the budget.
Young Living also makes a line of essential oil based products. Then there is Melaleuca. WE use the Laundry line. But, we stay away from a host of their products since they are Petroleum based and contain Parabens and carcinogens. Just a preference for us.
I will address one more thing before I close this post... We use a humidifier in our daughter’s room. Her health demands that her room stay at 65% humidity. The dust that some humidifiers can be dangerous to your child. Even though it is the sedatives and minerals in the water... your child is breathing in that dust. You need to look into a humidifier that reduces that. We happened to find one at Costco ($65), but the filters do need to be replaced every couple of months. There are ones on the market that say they are dust free. We have not tried them yet... Just tried to work with what our budget will allow.
Finally, I conclude with some ingredients for some cleaning products. They are SAFE and inexpensive and easy to make it you are interested in going that way as well. They clean great! Please let me know if you have any questions or would like anymore input. Email me, and I will be happy to give you my personal email and MSN information. I love talking to new people and meeting new people. I love the doors that this website has opened for all of us. Communication is such a way of life, and the internet and words make it easier for all of us.

All-Purpose Spray Cleaner
1/2 teaspoon washing soda
dab of liquid soap
2 cups hot tap water
Combine the ingredients in a spray bottle and shake until the washing soda has dissolved. Apply and wipe off with a sponge or rag.

Furniture Polish
1/2 teaspoon oil, such as olive (or jojoba, a liquid wax)
1/4 cup vinegar or fresh lemon juice
Mix the ingredients in a glass jar. Dab a soft rag into the solution and wipe wood surfaces. Cover the glass jar and store indefinitely.
Websites
www.care2.com/healthyliving
Hundreds of everyday solutions for a healthy lifestyle.

HTH.. Love to talk more...
Mama Jenn
Mama to Bryce~9 Austin~7 Taylor~2
Step Mama to Christian~15

I use Shaklee products (www.shaklee.com) and love them. The Basic H2 is a concentrate to which you add water. It seems expensive, but I have yet to have to purchase a new bottle. I have been very happy with their products.

Try clorox anywhere and just make sure it dries all the way before putting her back in (it doesn't take that long).

Try using baby wipes you know they arte safe and Ihave found they clean just about anything.

S.,

I recommend Melaleuca products. You can view their products over the web at www.melaleuca.com. Melaleuca is a wellness company which sells products ranging from household cleaners to vitamins. The cleaning products are environmentally friendly and safe to use around all family members. I've heard many stories about people (children and adults) who had asthma induced reactions to store-brand cleaning products. Melaleuca products will not cause asthma induced reactions to anyone that I am aware of. If you lived in my area (Street, MD) I would give you a sampling to try. If you want more information email me. ____@____.com

I've found a great line of products at Target called Method. They are 100% organic, non-toxic. They are very reasonably priced and come in a full line of cleaning products for the whole house. I use the Method Naked all purpose spray in the kids rooms and everywhere else. It's all plant based cleaners. GIve them a try.
Hope that helps!
Amy

I opened an account through a friend to buy our cleaning products from Melaleuca online. They offer very green, safe options. I think a link to order must be created for you but try going to their website to preview and see what you think. I found that they are also lees expensive because they are direct. I also spoke with a Leesburg man the other day that represents Eco Quest, an air and water filtration company. I can track his email or number down if you would like.

S. S.

1 / 3