Need Ideas for Great Stocking stuffers(No Candy)

I have 3 children ages 6,almost 3,7 month old.I want to get stocking stuffers early,I'm stumped we have been creative in the past but I really want some idea's for all 3 of them.I have a few item's that are the usual.I already have bought several toy's for my 3 yr old because her B-Day is 2 wks after Christmas.

I have read all your responses & I love them all.There is no need to go broke I will make my list & go from there but of course need to leave room for my husbands ideas.

we always put in gift cards for their favorite stores. (Barnes and Noble, Target, toy stores and even Sonic and fast food places).

Hi S. -

I always start browsing / buying from the target dollar bins around this time. They cycle through different kid themes, and honestly it's my kiddos favorite part of the store :) I hope you find what you're looking for!

We always get little things like fun christmas socks, pez dispensers (I know you said no candy, but I've got a huge collection from when I was a kid, since my grandma started the tradition and it's fun that we still get them).

the dollar tree is a great place for stocking stuffers. They always have little toys and things. Good luck!

My two boys are almost three years old and one year old. Some things they both love are Mardi Gras-style beads, flip books (words and pictures), Magna Doodle, Etch a Sketch (they make minis of both that are really cheap and are great car toys, too!), stickers, and toys that make noise when you shake them. Your oldest may enjoy "old-school" toys: slinkys, play-doh (they make small ones), etc.

Have fun!

i just found out a coworker is selling avon, and got to look at a book for the first time in a couple years - i got my son some colored roll on bath soaps, and they have mini bubble baths too. for like a dollar or two. if you go to the HBA department in walmart they have a kiddie section where they have stuff like that, and bath fizzies and things, all pretty cheap. i love getting stuff like that for stocking stuffers - stuff i don't really buy for my son normally. makes it more "special"!

A few things we usually put in the stocking are toothbrushes, a Christmas ornament, money, underwear, socks, fun hair things for our daughter, lotions,soaps, hotwheel cars.

If your kids are into anything, any favorite cartoons, movies etc, i suggest buying them different things oriented around that. it works great for my kids. my son loves anything with wheels and an engine, so last year his stocking had matchbox cars and motorcycle themed items. my daughter is into disney princesses and fairies, so that's what her's was themed. as far as the 7 month old, baby einstein had some really cute toys that can be educational as well as fun. good luck.

S.,

We usually put bath stuff in the stockings...new scrubbies, shower gel, rubber ducky for the baby, etc. We also put "special" chap stick or lip stuff (my girls like KU and K State, so I try to find those), stickers of what they currently like, and a small toy or stuffed animal. I've alos put special fuzzy socks (one year I found toe socks) in them. We also put a special cd or dvd for all of us in front of the stockings with a note from Santa which says it is for the whole family.

Have fun with this! I love doing the stockings!

Every year I do new toothbrushes with different characters on them. Both Santa and the Easter Bunny brings my kids new toothbrushes. I also like doing character body washes & shampoos and my boys liked the fake razors and soap that comes in a can that looks like shaving cream. You could also do a video, coupons or gift cards for like blockbuster or AMC. You've got to love Christmas. I've got about 1/2 my shopping done but I still need to do stocking stuffers myself. Good Luck and Happy Holidays

1 / 3