My Baby Has Some Type of Blisters in His Mouth and Hasnt Eaten or Drank Anythin

i am so scared i need to take my baby to the hospital. He has sores in his mouth and on his gums i have been to the dr. office , the hospital and the dentist. They each had a different diagnosis. But ive tried everything and he just will not take even a sip of his bottle. Every time he even sees it he starts crying. How much longer do i wait to take him to the hospital. He is 11 months old and has had 1 wet diaper in the past 24 hours..................someone please help me im so new to this my oldest son is 18 and i dont remember any of this ever happening before.

well all of those diagnosis were discussed thrush, teething, and the dentist said some kind of herpe viral infection i have been giving him the thrush medicine and the anbesol the hospital told me to get and the dentist gave me this big bottle of mouth rinse solution and said it would take up to 10 days to clear this up but in the mean time i cant get my baby to open his mouth and just sip some water or anything else for that matter and witth him taking all this ibuprofen for pain i know he should have something on his stomach

I am shocked with all those places that they each gave a different diagnosis and no one has fixed it. Does the dr, hospital, etc. know he isn't taking his bottle or eating?
what were their diagnosis?
All I could think was fever blisters, thrush, a virus.
I hope he gets well soon!

I would maybe try to give him some Pedialite with a medicine dropper. He won't be taking in much fluid but, at least he would be getting something. I would definitely NOT wait to take him to the hospital though, it doesn't take long for a baby to dehydrate. Even if they don't know what the blisters are, they would get some fluids in him.
I hope this helped and I hope he feels better!

what were their diagnosis?
I hope he gets well soon!

he might have tresh it is something babys get from drinking formula but there is meds for ot but take him in

One wet daiper in 24 hours is way too dry. It doesn't sound like hand, foot and mouth to me as there is only one blister, in the mouth and nothing noted on hands and feet. No matter what the issue is in the mouth your child is dehydrated and this could lead to very serious side effects. Please take him to the hospital and let them know that he is no longer voiding, he hasn't drank anything, or the amount in the last 24 hours and you are very concerned for him. He needs to get fluids on board quickly. A baby should have 6-8 wet diapers a day.

Hi P.,

Take a deep breath, it will be ok. Not sure what time you wrote this, but I think it would be a good idea to take your baby in through emergency as soon as you can get there. Or, better yet, if you can get an emergency appointment with a pediatric ENT physician, that would be the better way to go. If you explain what is going on, they should be able to see him right away.

Good luck and let us know how he is doing!

I also was thinking possibly hand//foot/mouth disease
edited: you do not have to have a rash/blisters on hands & feet to have hand/foot/mouth disease you can have blisters in only your mouth.

More than 6 hours without a wet diaper is a sign of dehydration in an infant. One wet diaper in 24 hours is not enough. I would go ahead and take him to the ER. Also, try giving him liquids from a dropper, a cup or a popsicle. Sucking on a nipple uses a lot of the mouth and tongue, so that would really hurt. I hope he gets better soon!

One wet diaper in 24hrs in a sign of severe dehydration. He needs an IV for fluids. Take him to the ER now.

The mouth issues could be any number of things, Coxsackie virus comes with a lot of sores in and around the mouth.

But the main concern is dehydration.

The first thing that comes to mind is Coxsackie (hand, foot and mouth). Symptoms are blisters and sores in the mouth and red spots on the hands and feet, however, i've had it and my kids have had it and never had the spots on the hands and feet- just the mouth sores. It's extremely painful to eat or drink, which would be why he's avoiding it. There is no medicine for it, it's a virus that needs to take it's course, but there is numbing medicine they can give him topically for the sores on his mouth.

If he's only had one wet diaper in 24 hours you need to take him to the hospital. He needs an IV. The rule is one wet diaper every 12 hours (we learned that last year when my 13 month old had H1N1). Don't hesitate, take him to the hospital now for the IV. Being dehydrated is probably making him feel worse, which is making him not want to drink even more. Take him now!

1 / 3