Wow! my heart goes out to you and your daughter.
I'll try and be brief.
keep pressing the docs to find and answer. and in the mean time.... here is a list (in no particular order) of ideas that come to mind:
1. go to the school and clean/sanitize her desk and chair. don't ask... just bring some antibacterial wipes and do it... it's easier to appologize than to ask permission.... ;)
2. put hand sanitizer in the car and at target they sell hand sanitizer that you can hang on her backpack & lunch bag so she can use it at school. (extreme measures here, right?)
3. NO MILK for a while
4. avoid sugars (sugar lowers imnune system)& avoid wheat
5. vitamin supplement (I still give my 5 & 8 year old the infant vitamins... less additives and colors/sugars!
6. pro-biotics (acidofilus, etc. children's version)
7. elderberry extract (can add it to juice or water) (great anitviral...even fights flu)
8. astragalus or echinacea (to build up her immune system)
9. 1/2 alcohol + 1/2 water on a spray bottle. put some on a paper towel and wipe door knobs, light switches, phones, fridge/oven/microwave handles, lunch box/bag, backpack, carseat, car door handles, toilet handles, etc. it's also great for cleaning glass & mirrors (saw it on the Oprah show a few years back. Maybe your daughter could have developed some sensitivity to household cleaners and since alcohol is a pretty good antibacterial... BTW, this are ideas and in no way shape or form do I want to imply that there is a cleanliness issue at your house. OK? =)
10. air out the house. no burning candles/deodorizer sprays (and/or lysols), etc.
11. make sure she gets plenty of water and extra rest (10-12 hrs sleep every night)
12. GET A NEW TOOTHBRUSH =)while you're at it... new toothpaste too... just in case (desperate times, you know)
by my kids toothbrush at the $ store and change them often.
13. you can pour some hydrogen peroxide down the drain in her sink and clean the shower/tub with it too ...kills mold & bacteria and less harmful than bleach.
14. essential oils: clove and lemon oils are great for cleaning the air of bacteria. just put some on a small glass bowl and let it purifify the air. just make sure it's away from kids and pet's reach.
15. change your 'antibacterial handsoaps' for just regular/natural hand soap (avoid sodium laurel sulfate or any of it's derivations). we've been healthier since I did that.
16. everybody wash hands when they get home (dad too!) (even if they used hand sanitizer!)
17. check your water filter in the fridge/freezer
18. has your daughter ever been adjusted by a chiropractor?
19. have her wear vinyl gloves whenever you go to the doctor's office so she's not picking up anything new there.
20. sanitize the outside/bottom of her shoes (and yours too) and the bottom of your purse...if you've put it down anywhere at the doc's office it's got germs... & you've been to the ER and docs office a lot lately.
Well, I guess I wasn't too brief. LOL. God bless and keep you healthy! ~C.~