Multiple Kids and Sports How Do You Do It!

My daughter is getting into sports she is really good at soccer and she got done with spring soccer and wants to do fall soccer. My son is finally able to play flag football this fall and their game days could possibly be on the same day (of course the rec center doesnt give specifics as they get older its so general and up to to coach of when practices are) My husband has a job where he could have training or something else could come up where I cannot depend on him 100% of the time. How do you moms out there juggle sports and kids? My kids are 4 and 6 so they are still too young for me to drop them off at practice.

Make lots of friends! Seriously that is how I did it. You just have to get the kids there, you don't have to be there. Some days I would take my daughter, others my son. Everyone is in the same boat so they are always willing to help.

Carpool with other parents! That's really the only way you can do it. We've got 4 kids and 1 plays real hockey on 2 teams plus lacrosse, 2 take learn-to-play hockey classes plus play a mix of basketball, lacrosse, t-ball/baseball and soccer, and one does Karate/kickboxing/competitive fighting.

For us, the real killer is hockey. We specifically joined a team because another kid we know is on the team so we can split rides to practices and games, which are 20-60 minutes away from our house.

Your six-year-old is old enough to either go with another parent who will stay or be dropped off if another parent can watch her. We do this frequently with our 7-year-old for birthday parties and sports. As long as someone agrees to keep and eye on him and by his stand-in parent, I'm comfortable doing a drop off. Obviously I reciprocate for other parents to keep things balanced.

Don't get freaked out by this yet - most families have this conflict and we all manage to get our kids where they need to be most of the time.

Find another sport family and see if you can work something out with them incase you have any conflicts.

Very carefully! :)

Thankfully we live in a neighborhood with lots of kids so we take turns taking kids to and from practices. This has always seemed to work out for us.

see if there is a mom that lives by that your oldest is friends with and if they live close by maybe do a carpool with them or have a grandparent or aunt help with them on days they overlap

You carpool with other parents.
Sometimes you miss one kid's game or practice, obviously you can't physically be in two places at once, and your kids will adjust.
I don't think six is too young to be left at practice, as long as there is more than one adult supervising.
I have three and my husband wasn't always around either. Don't worry, you'll figure it out :)

My 7 year old would play everything and everything if I'd let her... her alone is like multiple kids with all the stuff she has going on!

My almost 6 year old is a princess... if it involves running, getting dirty or sweaty, forget it. Needless to say, I'm kind of lucky she's like that, BUT... I want her to get involved with SOMETHING. I told her she has until next year to pick ONE THING.

My son is still a toddler, but has taken up the sport of extreme mommy-stressing, and he's a PRO.

It's hard! It's really not easy juggling MOM TIME, life, work, kids, etc... you just kind of adjust until you find that happy medium... even if that means cutting some other things out. Next year might be a bit easier; I dropped my 7 year old off at soccer practice all this past spring season, and had my husband pick her up. HUGE difference :)

Make friends with other moms who are in the same boat/team and carpool! I have 4 kids, and it's the only way I can possibly stay sane while letting them do their thing :) Good luck!

1 / 3