Mom Group for Working Moms

I've got a 16 month old - moved to Lewisville from Los Angeles when I was pregnant - no real friends/support group here yet. All moms groups I've found are for stay at home moms, so my participation is limited. Are there any groups for working moms?? Or does anyone want to start one?

Did you ever found a working mom's group? I would be interested in joining.

I own a business in Carrollton and live in Denton.

Let me know.

You may try the MOPS group in your town...It is for Mothers of Preschoolers...I know ours has two different meeting times and one is in the evening for Moms that work...go to www.mops.com I think is the international website...

Let me know.

I have a similar situation in that I married late so my new lifestyle with a toddler is out of synch with my old friends, and since I work it's difficult to keep in contact with non-working Moms. I'd be interested in participating. Especially to do family activities together like go to the zoo. I have a 26-month old girl.

You might try looking at Early Childhood PTA's. The one here in Carrollton tried to start a working mom's playgroup, but it hasn't really worked out.

I might be interested in a group that met perhaps at the play area in the mall.

I'm not sure about the working moms groups but I would be willing to start one with you. I'm not really sure how they work but I am starting back to work this month, fortunately I get to work from home, but I live in the Corinth/Denton area and am trying to meet people in this area.

Let me know.

Hello and welcome to Texas!

I started a playgroup about a year or so ago for working moms that meets every Saturday morning b/c of the very reasons that you mentioned. Unfortunately, we are currently maxed out at 12 members, BUT I also manage a much larger playgroup that gets together once a month for playdates at play places like Cute as a Button and Inflatible Insanity. Email me directly and I can give you more info. We have a playdate coming up on June 25. HTH. ____@____.com

I don't know of any groups for working moms but would be interested in joining. I have a beautiful 6 month old boy and my husband and I both work. I would love to meet some other moms. Let me know if you find out about any groups.

Thanks

S.,

I don't know of any working moms groups, but I'd love to get involved if you find one or want to start one. My husband and I moved here 6 years ago (from Boston and Denver, respectively), and we're both still trying to find our niche.

I used to work full-time (and lots of overtime), but have cut back to about 30 hours a week. It's great. We have a 10 month old son and a 3 1/2 year old daughter (also a dictator). We currently live in Las Colinas near Texas Stadium, but will be moving to Southlake this fall. The babies and I are willing to travel just about anywhere for a good group!

Let me know what you find out and if you're interested in starting a group.

1 / 3