Milk Allergy - Palmdale,CA

My daughter has a milk allergy. So I am getting used to reading labels and making sure she does not eat anything with milk. My question is when a product has no milk in the ingredients but it says processed in a facility with milk etc. do I need to avoid that too? Thanks!

I'd talk with a physician about it. My son had a diary sensitivity, which isn't really an allergy (I had the same thing too, and we both out grew it at about 3-4 years). He was fine with things processed in a facility that also processes milk products.

It really does depend on how allergic she is. Are you also avoiding lactic acid, casein and whey? Does she get hives or go into anaphylactic shock when exposed to dairy? Then I would say you should avoid the products made in the facilities that process milk too. Talk to your doctor, though, just to make sure. Good luck!

It depends on how severe her reaction is.

It depends on how severe her allergy is, you should contact her pediatrician to discuss this.

It really depends on your daughter. My son, who is very highly allergic to milk and reacts if he has even 1-2 bites of something with milk in it, does not have a problem with things processed in the same facility or on shared equipment.

Generally, the proteins in milk that kids are allergic to do not transfer through the air the same way nut proteins do. In most cases, shared facilities and/or equipment will not cause a reaction for a milk allergy.

I'd consult with your doctor to be sure, or at least try only a very small amount the first time you give something that says that on the label.

http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/karenchao

1 / 3