Low Cost Birth Control

I need some economical birth control options. I don't have health insurance and only go to the dr when on deaths doorstep. I also can't afford another baby. I'm married, so condoms are out. We sometimes use foam, but it's messy, and not effective without condoms. I'm not sure what else is out there that I could get without a script. When I was in college I went to Planned Parenthood and got the pill for dirt cheap, but doubt I would qualify financially for that now. Any suggestions?

I said condoms were not an option. We have used them ocasionally for one reason or another, but not as a primary birthcontrol method for us as a very active married couple. Not to be indelicate, but his appetitie is ridiculous anyway. Combine that with the staying power that condoms give and I would never get to work!

just get an rx for a pill(PP would be an easy and cheap place to get the rx), and you can get a lot of the generic bc pills for $4 a month at many national pharmacy chains.

btw, why are condoms not an option? my husband and i have used them at different times for different reasons...

I would say visit your health department or Planned Parenthood. They told me how much I was suppose to pay but I just told them all I can afford is $XX and they gladly accepted what I could give. Also, when you get your exam tell the dr that does it that you just need a low cost b/c something generic that will be cheap for you. I fill mine at wally world or smiths for under $10 bucks a month! Get on google and google cheap birth control pills and see what comes up!
Good Luck and I want to say thanks for being a responsible adult and not having more children that you know you cannot afford :)

I am sure you can go to Planned Parenthood, regardless of your financial status. I do and my pills are $27 a month. Good Luck :)

Yes- You can get generic Seasonal (the pill) at Costco for $13 w/o insurance. Also, with Seasonal you only get your periods 4 times a year. I am not sure what the generic brand is called, but it is easy to look up or to ask for at the pharmacy. You don't have to be a member at Costco either to get a prescription filled. Good Luck!

If you don't have insurance you should still be able to go to planned parenthood/health department and get the help.

I go to planned Parenthood, and their pills are not cheap. I got my refills transfered to Walmart. I got the generic brand and I pay $9, and I use to pay $32 a month at Planned Parenthood.

Planned parenthood is considerably cheaper than paying full price, even if you don't qualify for financial assistance. You can call them and find out.

I'm not sure why condoms are out because you are married, many people use them. There is another product called Vaginal Contraceptive Film that is as effective as condoms and pretty cheap- around $7 for I think 14 of them. A diaphragm is also an option- around $60 for the diaphragm and you also have to pay to have it fitted. You can do that at planned parenthood.

IUDs are expensive upfront but cheap over the long term. Another spot- especially if you qualify for financial assistance.

You can probably still go to a clinic. Don't count out condoms. Also Natural family planning seems too involved for me, but many love it!

1 / 3