Lost My Insurance How Can I Get My Depo Shot?

So yah!! my hubby got a new job!! WOOHOO BOOO!! we lose insurance for 3 months. It doesn't start til February 1st!! YIKES. So that being said how can I get my depo shot cheap?? I can make a nurse visit with my OB and it will cost me $35 I believe, but Target told me that retail the med will be close to $70. I can't afford that right now, because since my hubby just started the place where he works they only get paid once a month. NO INCOME til November 1st :( Maybe someone can tell me the last day I can go get my shot without messing up my whole schedule? My last shot was on August 1st. Thanks so much in advance!

EDIT: The nurse visit at the doctor is $35 (that is the cash discount) for them to inject the shot and I still have to bring them the shot from the pharmacy. My doctor's office doesn't carry the shot I have to bring my own. The shot it self is retail $70. I totally get the $105 would be way cheaper than a baby, ( i barely have enough money to get gas for the next 2 1/2 weeks) but I don't just take the shot for the birth control, its also because I have life changing heavy periods. Like I literally couldn't walk 20 feet before I needed to go to the restroom (gross I'm sorry) That's what they have told him about his check and my mom works for the same place, and some one new just started yesterday and he will get paid on Nov 1. IDK ???

Call Planned Parenthood and ask them how much they will charge you sliding scale for the depo shot. Explain the situation. I bet they can help you. Good luck.

Planned Parenthood
Borrow money
dont't pay a utility bill on time
ask them to bill you
sell something
offer babysitting
put it on a credit card

Situations like yours are one more reason we can not let them shut down Planned Parenthood!

Is Planned Parenthood an option for it? Either way, $35 or $70 is a heck of a lot cheaper than a baby is.

This is the exact reason why people should vote for Obama.

Check with Planned Parenthood, that's where I got all my "woman" stuff done before I had health insurance :)

Absolutely Planned Parenthood! They will bill you on a sliding scale, as little as nothing if you qualify for their free birth control program. If not you can set up a payment plan with them.
If you have a long relationship with your doctor he/she may also agree to a payment plan if you're lucky!

Planned Parenthood
Borrow money
dont't pay a utility bill on time
ask them to bill you
sell something
offer babysitting
put it on a credit card

Planned Parenthood?

See what they say...

1 / 3