Looking for Warm Sleepwear for My Baby

Hi everybody,
I have a seven-month-old daughter who is used to sleeping in a wearable blanket (or a sleep sack/bag). As it is getting colder, I find the ones I have not warm enough but I can't find any really warm ones anywhere. Babies"R"Us only has the Hallo fleece sleep sacks that seem to be too thin. I had a couple of warmer ones but she is outgrowing them already, and they don't make bigger sizes (she is a long baby for her age). I do not want to turn the heater on in her room because it would get too hot, and I am afraid to give her a regular blanket as she moves and kicks a lot, and it would for sure end up on her head or just somewhere else in the crib. I feel really bad sleeping under a down comforter when my baby only has a little fleece blanket. Please help!

I would like to thank everybody for their advice. It was wonderful to get so many responses from people who are trying to help! I ended up ordering the merino sleep bag, and also went on some other web sites that were recommended and found even more stuff that I wasn't even looking for :-). My daughter sleeps in the footed PJ's (and the bag)and now I am going to get the recommended thicker kinds. Also, I just figured out how to set the room heater so that it turns off when it reaches the desired temperature in case it gets too cold. Thanks, everyone, for help!!

Just keep in mind that babies sleep better when they are not too hot. A simple cozy sleeper will probably be fine.

Layers...and my mom used to put us to bed in a snowsuit! See if you can find some fleece outerwear that would work for her. Otherwise, just put on a couple of blanket sleepers with feet and kiss her goodnight!

I have a 6 month old who moves around in her crib all night, so I am also afraid to put a blanket in her crib. I also don't want her to get too cold. We only have the heater set for 64 at night. So, I have her in a Halo sleeper sack, but I also put her in nice warm fleece footy jammies. We also zip her completely inside, I do not put her arms out, because I don't want her hands getting cold and she pulls out her binky and makes herself cry. She has started learning about the holes for her arms and takes them out herself in the middle of the night.

My mother makes custom baby clothes and might be able to make some for you. She might need one that was grown out of and the measurements for you baby. Let me know if you are interested.

We have a velboa sleep sack (I think it's Halo?) from Babies R Us. It was more expensive than the fleece ones, but it's also warmer and super soft. I'm using it now on my 2nd child, and it has worn really well. As many people here have said, we layer for cold nights: long sleeve onsie, footie jammies (sometimes w/ socks first), then the sleepsack. Never have had a complaint, and we're from Northern CA--much colder up there! ;)

Target sells 2-pack fleece sleepers with feet that are perfect. They only have them in the fall and winter though. I also saw some nice ones at JC Penny. She could wear those and the sleep sack. My daughter is a year and that's what we do with her.

Target has these wonderful blanket sleepers with the footies that are soo warm. It's 2 for $14.99. My daughter loves them and they keep nice and warm.

Buy some thin jammies with long sleeves and pants (the Just One Year ones at Target are great) and put a footsie sleeper over them. It will keep snuggly warm all night long! :)

I really like the convert-a-foot pajamas. They're cozy fleece. The foot design is also great -- there's a flap that folds over the toes or can be folded up for bare feet. This was great once our son started walking. Made by Snugabye. I got mine at Target but here's the Web site: http://www.snugabye.com/infant_caf.php

I use the sleep sack but just adjust what my son wears underneath. As it gets colder, he wears the footed sleep n' plays by Carters. He's plenty warm without adjusting the heat.

I always put my kids in the 2 piece jammies with the snaps at the waist, or the blanket sleepers with feet, then if it was really chilly, I just doubled them up, with socks on they were always toasty!

1 / 3